Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2007, 09:36 AM

Someone we know that lives in San Diego said she heard something about food poisoning on the Pride this week, is there any truth to that rumour? Has anyone else heard anything or is this a false rumour?

Thanks!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Banned

If there is any truth to it, it will be reported by Cruisejunkie. I don't believe any reports until I see it on there.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Administrator

To me cruisejunkie tends to make a big deal out of everything, no matter how minor it really is.

Food poisoning? I've not heard that. And be careful to not use the wrong words - people often say food poisoning interchangebly with norovirus, which has nothing to do with food safety.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:26 PM

The Queen Mary 2 pulled into San Francisco and few days back with the norovirus. Looked like everyone who the news team talked to was happy with the way the ship handled it.

Any chance they got the ship confused?

Old 01-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
The Queen Mary 2 pulled into San Francisco and few days back with the norovirus. Looked like everyone who the news team talked to was happy with the way the ship handled it.

Any chance they got the ship confused?
Well, I'll bet the news team was disappointed with all those good reports! The media always seems to be beside themselves with glee when they can get some bad news about cruises. Or so it seems.

At this moment I still see nothing in the news about the Pride (or at cruisejunkie), so you may very well be correct about the confusion.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:45 PM

I'll bet you're right GD, thanks for the input. Can't live our lives in fear of everything, so I'm gonna go on my cruise, eat tons of food and laugh at the evil food gods!

Old 01-27-2007, 12:46 PM

I had heard Thursday morning on the news thaton a cruse ship (but I had missed which one), 80% of the passengers and crew had gotten a virus...they said nothing about food poisoning. Bet that made for a rough cruise experience! Imagine if you had sea sickness and virus together...But out of the cruise ships that are out there for something to happen on one is like a plane crash. I agree with you Dave about the press being dissapointed.
Dee
Old 01-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Administrator

80%? No way that is correct. That would be all over the news. I think the rumor is about the QE2 (not QM2). Look at this news story.
Old 01-27-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
80%? No way that is correct. That would be all over the news. I think the rumor is about the QE2 (not QM2). Look at this news story.
That's the one Dave, I must not have been paying attention! A point my teachers often brought up in school! Any way from the local new my passengers took it in strike. Said the ship used a throw away menus instead of the normal. Had plenty of washing stations, all the noraml percautions. They were on a leg of a world cruise.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Sorry guys...I meant 8%, but according to the article it was 16%. I had never heard of cruise junkie, Dave; I check it out and its quite depressing...think I will stick to cruise revies and cruise critics.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, food, line, mary, news, poisoning, pride, qe2, queen, reviews, ship