Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2007, 06:46 PM

Just wanted to see if anyone else is booked on this cruise? My family is cruising with a party of 12. My family - DH and myself 30's and 1 daughter 11 yrs and one son 8 yrs. My daughter is concerned about having friends to hang out with. So if anyone else has a daughter around her age; that is looking for a friend for the cruise please let us know. Thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 PM

Is anyone booked for this cruise???? Wow maybe we will have the ship to ourselves!! LOL Wouldn't that be awesome! Ohh well one could dream...
Old 01-11-2007, 04:46 AM

Hi KBilliot! No, I'm not on this cruise, but I did cruise on the Ecstasy in December. It's a nice clean ship, with a friendly crew. The beds and showers are absolutely wonderful! We booked an inside room, but were upgraded to a port hole room and it was very roomy and nice.

We love to cruise, and love it more with a group of family or friends, so you're gonna have a great time! There are kid clubs on the ship that you can get your kids involved in. We didn't see a lot of kids on the ship, but when we did see them, they were being entertained. Sometimes they were just sitting playing cards or board games, but looked like they were having a good time.

We had no complaints about the ship or cruise itself, but the weather was bad when we left Galveston, and stayed that way. Really windy all the time, and we even had some rain for a couple of nights. Too dangerous to be out on deck. Our last day was very rough, but settled down by late evening, thank goodness, because with our room being in the bow of the ship we were really being tossed around! Of course, Saturday morning when we docked again in Galveston, it was beautiful, so we finally got to enjoy the weather out on the Lido deck while we waited to deport.

Speaking of the deporting. We waited a while, but thought it went really well. We weren't the first ones off the ship, but like I said, we finally got to sit on deck without being blown away, so that was nice.

The food is generally good on the ship. Everyone's taste is different, but there is lots of food, so no one should ever be hungry. The dining room food was usually good, a couple of nights, just ok, but what we like is, if you don't like what you order...then order something elso! That's what's great about cruising!! The burgers and other buffet foods were really good, and the pizza and subs were fantastic! If you are a chocolate lover...and who isn't?? You have to try the chocolate pie with the raspberry on top. It's on the buffet when you board the ship the first day only...so be sure to have plenty! And...the white and dark pudding in the dining room...it's a warm bread pudding that is fantastic!! Oh yeah...room service is really great and fast...the kids will love it too!

The cruise director, Stuart, is from Australia...he's really entertaining! Don't believe everything he says though. He announced that it would be snowing in Galveston when we returned, and everyone went crazy! We know better! Even though it did a couple of years ago.....we figured he was joking...and of course he was! But other people were all worried about not having snow chains on their cars and stuff! Crazy! ha! The only snow we really heard about was in Colorado. The channel on the ship is a Denver channel, so we got Colorado weather. Of course they were having blizzards up there!

I'm sure I've given you more information than you asked for, but I don't know if you've been on the Ecstasy before. If you have any specific questions, just ask. I'll try to answer the best I can.

My biggest mistake, as usual was taking too many clothes! This is a very casual ship, so shorts, or capris and t-shirts is all you need except at dinner, and actually one evening we were late coming from a show, and my husband actually got into the dining room with shorts on. They didn't say anything, but they don't really want that. Formal night is the second night on the ship, and that's when everyone really brings out there fancy duds! If you want any kind of picture taken, you can definitely get it on the ship too....really nice stuff, and even dress up stuff for the kids. And oh yeah... the women will love the $10 shop! Nice things for only $10!! My kind of place!!

Have a great cruise!!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:19 PM

My husband and I and our two daughters 23 and 18 will be on the March 119 cruise out of Galveston.
My girls are a bit old for your daughter,but when we went on our first cruise my youngest was 11 and had a blast. Your girl should be just fine. Looking forward to a great week!
Old 01-12-2007, 07:55 PM

Hey you guys,
Thank you for all the information. This is our second cruise, but our first on the Esctasy. We cruised on the Conquest out of New Orleans Aug 2005. My children had a terrific time; however, they did not like Camp Carnival. My youngest cried if we left him in the camp, and my daughter was bored. She is just not a child who will go up to a stranger and strike up a conversation. I think this time will be better because we will have other children cruising with us that they know. No other girls though!
I really appreciate all the advise!
Thank Yall,
Katrina
Old 02-07-2007, 08:23 AM

My wife & I are on the 19 February 2007 Ecstacy Cruise. Although we have 3 children, they will not be with us on the ship. This will be our 2nd cruise, the 1st was 20 years ago. Hope we all have a great time!
Old 02-07-2007, 10:41 AM

Good News. My husband and I just booked the 2/19 cruise on Ecstasy. I have a daughter 10 1/2 and a daughter 8. Perfect! They can both have a buddy! Where are you from? What deck are you on? We are on the main deck. My husband turns 40 on the 18th.(reason for the cruise). I'm 38. We've always made friends while cruising and still keep in touch with many of them even after 6 years!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Hello annies - snow chaines in Texas?

They have been banned in Ontario since the early 1970's. They are allowed in the mountains of British Columbia though.

I lived in Northern Ontario Canada for 2 years - we had lots of snow, When I flew into the airport, upon landing the only thing I saw outisde the window was a big wall of white - The drifts were higher than the aircraft widow, and you needed airstairs to get aboard. The sidewalks downtown felt like the trenches of WW1

Closed Thread

Tags
arrival, carnival, ecstasy, elation, mexico, porthole, time