Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 06:31 AM
What happen with the excursions on carnival?
During Friday I was looking to what to do on the islands for this summer,
After a few hours my wife and I decided on a few interesting ones,
During Sunday I found the "Under maintenance” on the online website
Now the website is up but all my selected excursions are not there even the alternate ones I already pick
If carnival is making changes when is the best time to pick up my excursions then?
I will be going on 15 of July, so I will like to plan ahead of my cruise but every time I pick a few excursions they change it a week after
What happen if I select an excursion and then they change it??
Can I still go or do I have to get a new one?

Also a quick note to Carnival:
Please remember not all of your cruisers want to go to the beach. Please make a few reasonable excursions for us too.
I live in Puerto Rico I can go to any beach any day I like, so please consider that not all your cruiser wants to snorkel or relax on a beach day we also like to see the island you know...
Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 AM

I noticed the same thing yesterday. We have booked a few excursions for our Oct Pride trip. Now those are not shown, and the one we were going to add has vanished. In some ports they are only showing two choices. Strange. I am hoping we did not book and pay in advance only to have to do it again.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:32 PM

They did a total re-do of the site Friday night (I think). Anyway, the new layout and features are nice. It is just odd to use for me, when used to finding things in a certain place. The excursions are back for the general search. I haven't tried the "already booked" listings that have the purchase option yet. I can't find a direct link to the Shore Excursion FAQ's now. Maybe they are not finished yet, as the Shore Excursion "tab" does not have a drop down list.

Dwayne
Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 PM

I hope they aren't. I still can not see my booked excursions. In Mazatlan, Mexico they are only showing two excursions for our sailing. Cabo only has a handful also. Strange.
Maybe I am just sending out bad karma on the net today. On Holland American they will not let us in, it says that we are not booked! I was just on that site yesterday cruising around all seemed well then

Old 05-05-2008, 10:52 PM

I sure hope they are not finished either. I just read on CCL's site that people were having trouble with different browsers viewing the new site. They just added (within the last 2 hours) the Shore Excursion FAQ's back to the site! Hopefully they will have it all fixed within the next day or so. They seem to be doing all of the updates after 11pm EST.

Dwayne
Old 05-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Update:
Today I was checking the website at carnival.com and for all I know it looks like is back online without problems most of the excursions are back so is excursion time baby!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Administrator

One thing I noticed with the new website is the Celebration is no longer listed, even though it is still in service through September.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
One thing I noticed with the new website is the Celebration is no longer listed, even though it is still in service through September.
Dave, I can't find the Celebration listed on the newly re-designed site either. They have had a defunct link to Transfers info on the site for several days, and it is gone now too!

Dwayne
Old 05-08-2008, 06:42 AM

We have already booked excursions for our Oct sailing on the Pride. Now they are not showing up!!! I am going to get it a few more days then give them a call.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:51 AM

I really hate to say this, but their website is one of the worst ones I've dealt with. I emailed them about problems I'm having, of course, haven't heard back. I sure hope they have some good redesigning being planned, they could learn a few lessons from Princess or HAL.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnivalcom, carnivalcomexcursions, carnivalcomexcurtions, carnivalcomexcusions, change, edit, excursion, excursions, excursionscarnivalcom, excurtions, exersions, find, post, shore, website