Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2005, 06:26 AM
ok PS.!! on last post we were a bit concerned about cabin steward finding our booty but as it turned out it was no problem what happens in your cabin stays in your cabin, tipping is a good thing when you send him out for you third bucket of ice after 15 minutes till we discovered where the ice machine and soda machine were on certain decks, we even brought a smotthie blender and left it out in the open they are very discreet, money talks, even if its 5 spot or 10 spot our steward kept us full of ice.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jashlock:
Im heading out on my first cruise here in December on the Elation and was wondering the general prices for beer, shots, and mixed drinks aboard ship. Please let me know!
Hey, before you enter the ship there will be a place selling liquor by the tons of bottles. Purchase you a couple of bottles and have your girlfriend/sister, wife, ect. put them in her tote bag. nobody ever cares...just so they dont show or stick out...
Old 08-10-2005, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cruiser1962:
Prices are similar to bar prices. Beers are 2.75-3.25 depending on selection. Well drinks are 5.00-6.50. They always have the "drink of the day". It consists of usually rum, and fruit... Pina Colada, Bahama Mama, Poco Loco... You get the point., The bar tenders, pool waiters will be pushing them all day, and they usually come in a souvienr glass. Those are fairly good size and usually sell for 5.00-6.00, and you can keep the glass. You can get a bucket of 6 beers for usually around $18.00. They fill a bucket with ice, and you take the bucket. I have heard of people bringing beer on in their suitcase, and pouring liquor in a gatoraide bottle, and packing that as well with plenty of success. You can also purchase liquor in ports of call, and walk them back on the ship in a back pack without any problem. Keep in mind, if you purchase bottled liquor in the gift shop on board, you must pay a "cork fee" to drink it on board. (they want you to buy their drinks) Use your imigantion, and be creative, and you will probably save some big $$$$'s Have a great trip!!
I JUST RETURNED FROM SOUTHERN CARRIBEAN CRUISE. IT WAS MY FIRST TIME..LET ME TELL YOU. EVERYTHING IS "HIGH" AS A KITE ON THE SHIP. TAKE YOUR LIQUOR WITH YOU HIDDEN IN A BACK PACK OR TOTE BAG. KEEP IT IN YOUR ROOM AND YOU WILL BE FINE AS WINE. EXAMPLE. A TALL BOTTLE OF WATER IN YOUR CABIN IS 7.50, A CAN OF COKE IS 2.50. THAT RACKS UP AFTER A FEW DAYS. THAT LITTLE SHIP CARD IS SO EASY TO USE BUT SO HARD TO PAY AT THE END OF THE CRUISE.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:05 AM

sence we are on the topic of booz what does the average hard core drinker spend on one of these cruises
Old 08-12-2005, 03:14 PM

As far as reg. bev. water and Coke is high..but there are plenty of other "included" drinks available that even my soda loving son was able to do without it. They had available 24/7 juice, iced tea, lemonade, milk (most of the time) I never used any of the items in my room.. We each had 1-2 drinks each night (didn't bother with the hassle of smuggling it in) and only ended up with a $150 bill (without tips) at the end of the trip.

if you are going "to party" take more money. Personally I didn't want to worry about fixing my own drinks, hiding in my room to drink them, or having a hangover..so wasn't really an issue for us.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 08-13-2005, 11:34 AM

Well, if I was a hard core drinker I would think at about 7.50 a drink @ 6 drinks a day, I guess that is about 315.00 for 7 days..not to mention the price for your in-cabin water which is about 7.00 a bottle and cokes which are 2.50 a can. Yep, better take plenty money..ha
Not to mention the excursions. My husband and I did 3 excursions on our 7 day trip and the cost was 415.00 for the both of us. Excursions are well worth the money though. I cannot see just staying on the ship when you can go and do fun things like ride a pirate party boat, or see the rainforrest up in the air on a tram, or ride a katamaran and snorkel. We went to St. Thomas, San Juan, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba. I think Aruba was my favorite place. It is great.

Closed Thread

Tags
acholal, alcohol, bring, call, caribbean, carnival, checked, cruise, cruises, gatorade, imagination, included, luggage, prices, reviews, royal, ship, time