Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2005, 11:03 PM

Im heading out on my first cruise here in December on the Elation and was wondering the general prices for beer, shots, and mixed drinks aboard ship. Please let me know!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:41 AM

Prices are similar to bar prices. Beers are 2.75-3.25 depending on selection. Well drinks are 5.00-6.50. They always have the "drink of the day". It consists of usually rum, and fruit... Pina Colada, Bahama Mama, Poco Loco... You get the point., The bar tenders, pool waiters will be pushing them all day, and they usually come in a souvienr glass. Those are fairly good size and usually sell for 5.00-6.00, and you can keep the glass. You can get a bucket of 6 beers for usually around $18.00. They fill a bucket with ice, and you take the bucket. I have heard of people bringing beer on in their suitcase, and pouring liquor in a gatoraide bottle, and packing that as well with plenty of success. You can also purchase liquor in ports of call, and walk them back on the ship in a back pack without any problem. Keep in mind, if you purchase bottled liquor in the gift shop on board, you must pay a "cork fee" to drink it on board. (they want you to buy their drinks) Use your imigantion, and be creative, and you will probably save some big $$$$'s Have a great trip!!
Old 08-03-2005, 06:57 AM

On the Fascination last year, i was paying 9.50 a pop for a double Crown and Coke. I havent decided yet if im going to try to smuggle some on board this time or not. Sure would save money, though.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:41 AM

On Carnival hubby got a gin and tonic the first night and it was $!0.00 so i was hesitant to drink. When I found the daily specials and they were only like $3.00 that's alll I got from then out. One night it was rum punch , one night a pina colada, and the last day my personal fav- margaritas!

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 08-03-2005, 08:03 PM

remember if you want the drink of the day WITHOUT the fancy glass it's like 3$ as opposed to 5 or 6$
Old 08-03-2005, 08:33 PM
I saw a lot of people on my last cruise that brought their own on board. If you kept it in your cabin it would be less likely to cause any problems. If you took it on deck and poured your own drinks they would most likely take it away.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 08-04-2005, 01:32 PM

First born should suffice...lol
Couldn't understand 5 day cruise 3 page sail and sign....
Jefft
Old 08-06-2005, 10:02 AM

If you smuggle on alcohol and keep it in your room, do you have to hide it from your room steward? would they take it away if you had it out in the open?
Old 08-07-2005, 05:16 AM

Hand him a 5 spotand just ask him to keep your Ice Bucket full
Old 08-07-2005, 06:19 AM
being a 6 time cruiser and taking liquer on board I was stopped and had 3 small 1/2 pts. confiscated on a cruise to nowhere out of nyc. only because you can not check your luggage everything is carry on, as they were taking my information to return my booty when I returned, I asked her why is everyone allowed to bring on wine and beer , her reply was it was allowed 1 six pack per pax. and wine was not hard spirits they dis-allow hard spirits beer and wine was no problem, there were about 25 people in a group ahead of us, they had lugguge for of beer and wine and were drinking open bottles of beer in line to get on board the lugguge was big enough to put a couple of kids in it, all thier beer and wine was in it went through with no problem that was on the cruise to nowhere, now on the other five cruise I bubble wrapped my booty and packed it in the checked lugguge no problems, and at each of the ports we were told we could bring on board 1 six pack per pax from port they do take you liquer and hold it till the last nite if you buy it in port, as for ship store you can buy it but you can not take it with you they take your name and cabin number and deliver it to your room the last nite on ship, by then your pretty well over the party stage and you do not even open it you take it home for the next cruise lol

Closed Thread

Tags
acholal, alcohol, bring, call, caribbean, carnival, checked, cruise, cruises, gatorade, imagination, included, luggage, prices, reviews, royal, ship, time