Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 02:48 PM

We are booked for April 30, 2011. It's a long time away, but something to look forward to.

FUTURE CRUISES:

Carnival Dream .......... April 30, 2011

PAST CRUISES:

Carnival Victory .......... May 09
Carnival Destiny .......... Oct 07
Carnival Fascination ..... Jun 97
Carnival Fascination ..... May 00
Carnival Carnivale ........ May 86
Old 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM

Congrats! DakotaBee on booking the Dream! Wow! That is a long way out. I see you were on the Carnivale, I was too.

There is a good thread in the Classic Ships section that has some mentions of the Carnivale if you're interested. Here is a link.

Dwayne
Old 06-09-2009, 05:29 AM

Congrats DakotaBee! It might seem like a long way out, but it will be here before you know it. Maybe you can fill in the gap with a short cruise out of Mobile or New Orleans or the Bahamas out of Florida. I am truly having withdrawal pangs, and it's only been since January. If our Christmas/New Years cruise hadn't been so dang expensive, I'd be booking right and left. So many great deals, so little money
Old 06-09-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Congrats! DakotaBee on booking the Dream! Wow! That is a long way out. I see you were on the Carnivale, I was too.

There is a good thread in the Classic Ships section that has some mentions of the Carnivale if you're interested. Here is a link.

Dwayne
Cruising was alot different back then...real glass DOD glasses, skit shooting, driving golf balls of the back of the ship, all the wood. I will check out the Classic Ships section. When did you cruise the Carnivale?

I see you're going on the Dream in Dec 09...bring back lots of pictures.

FUTURE CRUISES:

PAST CRUISES:

Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Congrats DakotaBee! It might seem like a long way out, but it will be here before you know it. Maybe you can fill in the gap with a short cruise out of Mobile or New Orleans or the Bahamas out of Florida. I am truly having withdrawal pangs, and it's only been since January. If our Christmas/New Years cruise hadn't been so dang expensive, I'd be booking right and left. So many great deals, so little money
Thanks! I know it will be here before we no it, but just not soon enough. My DD, SIL, GS and DS are all going with us. It's going to be alot of fun.

We live in Kansas, so it isn't real convenient to get to any ports very cheap. We cruised May 10-17 and I'm already wanting to go again...I can't afford to go but once every 2 yrs or so. Got a aft wrap on our Destiny cruise...so now DH doesn't like to go any other way. Had one on the Victory and have one booked for the Dream. We're really not snobs tho well maybe balcony snobs (not really).

FUTURE CRUISES:

PAST CRUISES:

Old 06-09-2009, 10:57 AM

I understand the balcony, it is so very nice. We used to go the least expensive cabin available. I will still do an inside if it means I can sail, but I much prefer the balcony. Anything longer than a 5 day, it just isn't comfortable without it. With the way the economy is going, I might have to be on deck soon.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Quote:
With the way the economy is going, I might have to be on deck soon.
It is still far better to be on a deck than left behind standing on the pier!

BillyBuzzy
Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Cruising was alot different back then...real glass DOD glasses, skit shooting, driving golf balls of the back of the ship, all the wood. I will check out the Classic Ships section. When did you cruise the Carnivale?

I see you're going on the Dream in Dec 09...bring back lots of pictures.
Yep, it was alot different back then.

I loved the teak wood. I still have my DOD real glasses. The Lido Mexican Buffet was fold up tables, and the food brought out in warming units on them. They played "Anchors Aweigh" with confetti flying when the ship pulled out. My first cruise was on the Carnivale on her last sailing as a Carnival ship in 1993. I think the "bug" set in after that.

I am not a great photographer, and we have some experts here who amaze me. I plan on taking alot of pictures though. This will be my "you've came a long way baby" Carnival cruise.

Dwayne
Old 06-10-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
It is still far better to be on a deck than left behind standing on the pier!
Ain't that right!

I'm glad you brought this up. I recently read that someone didn't follow the instructions for checking in on time with another cruise line. They were denied boarding as they should have been.

Everyone should Read and Heed the time requirements for boarding Here.

Dwayne
Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 AM

The ship today looks very attractive and nice , painting not just finished but they made a first test in Golf of Triest.
Carnival Dream Golf of Triest Carnival Dream Golf of Triest
Cant wait to see this magnificant new Carnival ship in real...

Closed Thread

Tags
2011, april, bar, carnavile, carnival, carnivale, cruise, dream, duo, entertainment, find, hoo, movies, piano, pictures, playing, reviews, singers, woo