Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 AM

Like Dwayne said, Nita, there are many cabins available for that cruise. I even know of some 4A's that are unassigned. Try calling Carnival again and hopefully you can get this situation resolved so you can go back to planning for your GREAT itinerary. You are going to have a blast on this cruise!

Okay I woke up last night thinking about this some more and taking note of what you all had to advise me. So say I take this matter into my own hands I know nothing about booking a cruise Cat A B 1 2 3 Nothing. For our group an inside cabin was 800.00 we were told nothing from TA of what category it would be so I do not know that. Can anyone tell me what price my friends son dad would have to pay now since I know you all said that their are cabins still left and we should try to get one before they are really all gone, and what happens with my son? Will my son's friend have to pay double occupancy since we have already paid in full for a quad since she stuck my son in the room with us meaning (me husband and 12 year old son???) , and if this all work out can I put the two of them (meaning son and hisfriend) back in the room together and what happens to the additional money we paid for the quad. I hope this is not all too confusing????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-04-2008, 10:41 PM

Going by the rates on carnival.com it looks like a 1a Guarantee will cost aprox $XXX.00pp(Tax is already added in that price)

How I got that price....
1) Went to www.carnival.com & looked up your ship & sail date.(clicked on FIND A CRUISE at the top of the page)

2)Chose the cheapest cabin & pretended to book it, therefore going thru all of the booking steps so that it would give me the price WITH TAX.

When going thru the steps...you are given the Available Cabin numbers so you can see if the cabin is near your cabin or not.
I recommend YOU do the same so you can see for yourself.
========================================
What YOU can do is...

Call your agent & tell them that you know for sure that there are cabins available.(although the available cabins may NOT be anywhere near Your cabin.)

Tell the agent to take your son out of your cabin(now making it a triple) & put him & friend in a cabin of their own.

The agent should be able to do this with No probs what-so-ever.

The extra money that you paid for the quad should be returned to you if it's not into the Penalty Phase or they may have to give it to you as OBC.(On-Board Credit)

Old 05-05-2008, 10:33 AM

Nita,
If the TA booked this under a group booking she would have originally blocked out 8 or more cabins. If a ship's sailing is filling up, then the cruise line may ask for any unsold space back at any time. She may have released the space back to the cruise line. There are times when the cruise line will cut off selling anymore space under a group rate. This has happened on this sailing. What that means is if I called today and would ask for group space on the August 23rd sailing I could not get any cabins under group space. However; I asked if an "Existing" group could add a cabin and was told yes. So, your TA should be able to add a cabin to her existing group. (If in fact this was originally booked as a group). The rate for the new cabin would be at current prices because it wasn't in her origianl iventory. She can move the money from your son's booking as a quad over to the double room. You would have to pay the difference of the double occupancy rate and quad.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
Nita,
If the TA booked this under a group booking she would have originally blocked out 8 or more cabins. If a ship's sailing is filling up, then the cruise line may ask for any unsold space back at any time. She may have released the space back to the cruise line. There are times when the cruise line will cut off selling anymore space under a group rate. This has happened on this sailing. What that means is if I called today and would ask for group space on the August 23rd sailing I could not get any cabins under group space. However; I asked if an "Existing" group could add a cabin and was told yes. So, your TA should be able to add a cabin to her existing group. (If in fact this was originally booked as a group). The rate for the new cabin would be at current prices because it wasn't in her origianl iventory. She can move the money from your son's booking as a quad over to the double room. You would have to pay the difference of the double occupancy rate and quad.
Cruise Fanatic can you tell me how much you think we will paying now for inside current price. I see you can not quote prices on here so can you email what you think it will be?? Also what do you mean we will hav to pay the difference of the double occupancy rate and quad???
Nita
mitchele@trinity-health.org

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, cruise, unsold