Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 AM

how did like antiqua and tortola bvi, very interested in what you thought and what kinds of things you did at the ports. we are going to these ports on our next cruise.

jerome
Old 05-01-2008, 02:19 PM

MaryAnn, I certainly wish I could have seen/heard them, for they would have been "right up my alley", as the expression goes. That is my kind of music. That is why I liked the Motown music. I don't recall seeing anything mentioned about them in the Caper paper.

We both are doing much better, thank God!

Brenda
Old 05-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Hi Jerome, as for Antiqua, I can't say much, as we just got in town, and it started pouring down rain for what little time we were there. We went up stairs to do some shopping, and were able to look out at Antiqua, and what we could see, looked pretty good, and it was warm, with the heavy downpour of rain.

We would probably have checked it out further, but my friend fell and hurt herself pretty bad, so we had to go back to the ship.

As for Tortola, BVI, it is a small island just being discovered these past few years.

As my friend wasn't able to do much walking, I left her in an area, where she could sit down, and walked back to the straw markets (we had taken a taxi with a few other people to get to the main hub). Actually the straw markets aren't too far from the ship, and there are so many of them "crammed" together, selling most of the same thing. You can get T-shirts for $5, or I believe 4 for $10 or $15. Very reasonable in price. You may be able to bargain with them also.

It is a small area, and it reminds me somewhat of St. Lucia, which is MORE than beautiful. It has high mountains to look out and see the beauty, and well as the low valleys.

Hope this helps a little.

brneyes

Closed Thread

Tags
1046, 2006, aug, carival, carnival, liberty, long, reviews, room, staff