Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 06:59 AM

I just got back a few weeks from being on the Carnival Liberty for 8 days.

If anyone has any questions about this ship, please feel free to ask.

I also went the Eastern Caribbean to the ports of San Juan, St. Thomas, Antiqua, Tortola, BVI, and Bahamas.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
?? Do you mean you just got back, or you were on the Liberty a few weeks ago?
Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by brneyes:

I also went the Eastern Caribbean to the ports of San Juan, St. Thomas, Antiqua, Tortola, BVI, and Bahamas.
Hey brneyes I am leaving on the Liberty on May 4th so tell me did you do the adult night club and how was it? How was the food in the dinning room? How was the staff? Is the ship nice? Did it ever seem crowded?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-25-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Hi brneyes

Did you happen to catch "Music Boardwalk"? What did you think of them and did they mention how long they will be there? Thanks Mary49
Old 04-26-2008, 07:12 AM

I am considering Liberty in December to different ports. Tell me what your thoughts were on the boat itself.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 PM

Sorry Dave, you "caught" me in an error. I just got back a couple weeks ago from being on the Carnival Liberty.

brneyes
Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 AM

Spiritfilled, well your "day" is almost here.

As to your questions, we did not do the adult night club, so I can not answer that. We did go into the Piano Bar, which is very unique in design, and there is a guy that plays and sings and everyone sits around and listens, which is nice.

We were in the Golden dining room up stairs. For the most part, I think our food was good, but if you wanted something else (we had done this before on other cruises) that was not on the menu, because you didn't care for what the selection was, they really didn't have anything else for you to choose from. My main disappointment was the soup, I like it HOT , and it was warm. The wait staff was great, and once I started drinking HOT tea, they made sure it was HOT, where on another cruise, it wouldn't stay hot long. Of course the wait staff is working for the tip, but what makes it bad is when the people who first start out at the dinner table, leave and go to another table, or one of the "paying" restaurants, but in the long run, that just gave us "more" time with them.

The ship is very colorful, and some people may say it is too colorful, but I like BRIGHT colors! It can be confusing at times, in getting your barings of where things are located, but they have a small card that tells what is located on each deck.

As for being crowded, I think the only time I as well as others noticed that was when we were getting our "special" food fixed, and we had to wait about 25 minutes.

Actually, right where the Pizza place is, a lot of people don't know about it, but they have a rolling roof, so if you don't want to be under the direct sun, you can go there. It is not so crowded at times, like the other places where they are singing/playing music. In the area where the theatre screen is outside, up a few steps are some turquoise (sp?) chairs that are really neat, as they sort of rock with you.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

brneyes
Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 AM

Mary49, no we did not see Music Boardwalk. Was it performed in the large theatre?

I was sick with a BAD cold and was miserable most of the time of my trip, so some things we did not see or do. Also my friend sprang her ankle real bad, so we were both sort of out of commission.

brneyes
Old 04-29-2008, 02:37 PM

The Carnival Liberty is a very "colorful" ship, if you like "bright" colors, which I do, and that was one reason why I chose it, as well as friends told me it was a good ship.

It is a big ship, with the rooms, no matter what stateroom you decide to go with, I know the rooms are larger than most ships. The closets, drawers are so much bigger, than other state rooms on other ships. The bathrooms come with larger shampoos, soaps, etc. The beds, I think are to DIE for. You feel like a baby all cuddle up, with light covers that are so comfortable.

There is a large theatre to watch all kinds of music productions, as well as after hour entertainment. There is also a large out door theatre to watch movies when it gets dark, serving popcorn.

The glass elevators are more than beautiful.

There is minature golf, basketball, pool, etc. if you wish to play.

If you have children/grandchildren, there is Camp Carnival that takes them away so you can do what you would like to do. Activities are going on all day, if you wish to attend.

The Silver/Golden dining rooms are nice, and the wait staff entertain two or three nights during the cruise. For the most part the food was good, where we did not try out one of the other restaurants. The Pizza out on the deck is very good also. There is plenty to eat, even if you are choosy, on the buffet.

I would suggest that you get all your enrollment done on line, so you won't have to "stand in line" when you arrive, and can go on the ship directly.

Also, when you get your door card, don't have it next to your credit card or cell phone, for it will deactivate it.

brneyes

brneyes

My main disappointment was the midnight buffet with the ice carvings. If I had never been on other ships where they were much larger, I wouldn't have known any different. This was nice, but not as long.

If you have questions, the Pursers desk/whether you call or get in line, are very helpful.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Mary49, no we did not see Music Boardwalk. Was it performed in the large theatre?

I was sick with a BAD cold and was miserable most of the time of my trip, so some things we did not see or do. Also my friend sprang her ankle real bad, so we were both sort of out of commission.

brneyes
Sorry to hear about you and your friend being out of commission for your cruise.

Music Boardwalk is a Philippine Rock and Roll Band. They play 60s, 70s, 80s songs and really
very good. They usually play in the lounge and do the "Ticket to Ride" show. MaryAnn

Closed Thread

Tags
1046, 2006, aug, carival, carnival, liberty, long, reviews, room, staff