Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2005, 04:03 PM

What are the best excursions to take on the Conquest?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:16 PM

I guess the best excursion would depend on personal prefrences. In Montego Bay we did some shopping on our own, but not in the downtown area. The natives drove us crazy literally following us around begging us to shop with them, even got very arguementive with my husband. It was awful to be honest. We got out of there and went to Margaritaville where we enjoyed ourselves. Had a wonderful lunch and danced. They have a great slide that spits you out into the ocean, it was awesome. They also have the huge water trampolines, hair braiding, some shopping. Then we walked down the road a bit to Doctors Cave Beach for an afternoon full of fun in the sun. Very nice beach !!
In Cayman we took an excursion thru CCL and went to Stingray City, had a great time. very attentive guides and ok priced. Shopped some and ate "conch fritters". They were quiet tasty until I found out what I was eating, LOL !!
Cozumel was the best for me. We took a taxi on our own to Chanaknabb Park where I got to swim with dolphins, had the time of my life. It was only 99.00 compared to the high excursion prices. There was beautiful beaches and snorkling there as well. My husband got me some very beautiful jewlrey there, bartering is "expected" and I got pretty good at it myself. We had an extra 2 days thanks to "Rita" so we got to go to Costa Maya. From the ship you'd think there is nothing there, wrong......it was a wonderful time, and we thought the prettiest water of all. The Conquest itself is a real treat! We were pampered the entire time, waited on hand and foot. Entertainment around the clock. It is a beautiful ship.
Enjoy, you'll have the time of your life !!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:53 AM

First off let me say that you will love the Conquest! A fine ship.

While in Jamaica try contacting Carolyn or Errol Barrett at http://www.Barrettadventures.com They have a great tour operation and will keep you from all the pan handlers, beggers and drug dealers while you are in port. (I already have her book for the first week in Nov.)
They will email you a list of all their tours and prices.
We took the Hilton High Country Plantation tour last year and still talk about it. It also comes with a breakfast and Jamaican lunch! Very good food and great tour. Carolyn told us many stories of the people and the island and she is very informative. We topped it off with the Rockland Hummingbird tour, for an additional $10 you can actually have hummingbirds sit on your finger and drink from the tiny alcohol bottles you find on the arlines. Of course the bottles are filled with sugar water There are also several other birds that will come up and eat seed from your hand! Also the view, Wow the view... MoBay from up there is breathless -- a total photo op!
In Cayens I would reccommend Captain Marvin's Sting Ray tour. Less expensive and less crowded (the group is anyway) than the ships' tours. His place is a few blocks to the left of the port where the tender drops you off, but well worth the short walk. They also have a web site. I am not sure but believe it is http://www.captainmarvins.com

In Cozumel I usually just do what ever. Being an active scuba diver and having been in Cozumel many, many times I have several places I go to...diving, restaurants, etc. If you have been to Cozumel in the past (several years back) you are in for a BIG surprise ...it is beginning to look more and more like Grand Caymen with all the upscale shops, etc.

Enjoy your trip!
Debbi
Old 10-15-2005, 08:38 PM

marthathom,
I agree with you about Chakanaab. I only snorkeled but got some of the BEST underwater pictures. I did look at the dolphins and walked thru the botanical gardens, saw a HUGE iguana just walking around in there. It is such a reasonably priced excursion too! and I liked the fact it was so close to the dock.

Closed Thread

Tags
bay, carnival, code, conquest, costs, cruise, dolphins, excurisons, excursion, excursions, montego, port, reviews, swimming, whats