Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 07:36 AM

Yes, the Hawaii 14 day is on Princess. That means the entertainment needs to be real good with that many sea days. We went to Alaska last year and I was never cold. We went in June and only needed a light jacket and we even set out on the deck and got a sunburn one day.
I think we will go to Alaska several times.
I really like sea days so the 14 day cruise will fill the bill. We will be on the Golden.
We were on the Star Princess last year going to Alaska and it was a great cruise also.
EB

url=http://www.cruiseclocks.com/][/url]
Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 AM

eb, Thanks for the review. I am proud of you for not bashing Carnival, and I appreciate the openess of your comments. I hope you enjour your next cruise and share with us again.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:16 AM

Thanks, I own my own company and know how someone going off on your business really does not help. I have found over the last 26 years of running my own business that some people can't or just don't want to be satisfied. I don't eat 5 star food everyday in my normal life and I don't go to broadway shows every night so no big loss.
We grill out and look for something on the tube to watch so those things are not going to make or break my vacation. That's up to me and my wife to make it be as fun as we can make it.
They kept saying on the ship "fun,fun....fun,fun,fun". That's what we had.

I left out that the pizza was great as was the sushi bar. The sushi bar is only open from 5PM to 8:15PM so I had sushi for a starter before we went to first seating dining.
EB

Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM

EB, thanks for your info. I read it before we left. We thought the food was pretty good, not in our favor, but i agree about the intertainment. We also have owned, and still own our own business, and you are so right. You see things in a whole different way.

We had a nice time, didn't go to Cozumel because of the Swine Flu thing...whatever. We had another day at sea and they gave everyone a $20 credit per person. Would have liked to go to another port, but i guess that wasn't an option. Weather was beyond great. The gulf was the calmest i have ever seen it. Made it really nice.

Have a great time in Oct on your Hawaiian cruise!!! We have nevered cruised Hawaii, but been there many times and LOVE it. If you think about it, let me know how that one turns out.

Thanks again for your info. Really appreciate it!

Ready to cruise again soon, just have to lose these extra pounds first! LOL
Sari
Old 05-12-2009, 07:56 PM

Welcome back, Sari!

Glad to hear you had a nice cruise despite the port cancellation.

Dwayne
Old 05-13-2009, 06:15 AM

Sari,
Glad you had a good time. The food was good in the dining room on our cruise. We thought the buffet was weak.
Sorry that they dropped Cozumel. We really liked it there. They should have stayed in Grand Cayman for another night so you could explore.
I will report on Hawaii also. We have never been so it will be a newbee experience.

Welcome back, now book another one!!
EB

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, conquest, cruise, drydock, dwyane, refurbished, reviews, sailed