Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Attire for Teens at Dinner (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/7596-attire-teens-dinner.html)

dot cruising 07-23-2008 05:38 PM

Hey, everyone! We are cruising on July 27th on the Conquest. I have two teenage boys. They want to know what to wear to dine at night. The idea of suits for them is not cool. Please give me some ideas of what to expect.
Oh yea, first time cruiser.
dot

Dwayne 07-23-2008 06:22 PM

Hi Dot, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

And congrats on booking your first cruise. Carnival has relaxed their dress code for the Main Dining Room. The buffet restaurant is casual.

Here is link to the dress code.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

LHP 07-23-2008 06:32 PM

We have two sons (currently 17 and 20) and they have always worn Polo and Khakis for every night except Formal Night (or Elegant Night or whatever they are calling it these days).

For formal night they have worn suits...but a dress shirt, tie and slacks should suffice.

Dwayne 07-23-2008 10:07 PM

I just noticed something on the page I linked to about the Lido Restaurant having an exception of not being open the last evening of the cruise. Is this new, or something I have never noticed before? I am quite sure I have eaten dinner the last night, and breakfast on debarkation day previously in the Lido Restaurant. I know they close the pizza and room service the last night.

If it is another boo-boo on their new site, let me know, so I can add it to my list.

Dwayne

Stockcerts 07-24-2008 10:44 AM

My daughter and I are going on the Triumph this Sunday. We are going to participate in formal night, but the other nights I plan on wearing nice jeans with a collared shirt. I think that will be OK.

Berick1234 07-24-2008 02:55 PM

I would have to say the same rules apply to Teens as well as adults....Be neat, be considerate and please no Baseball caps:-)....

Happy First Sailing....You will be back for more...

Bob E

BJC123 07-31-2008 10:25 AM

Amen to the no baseball caps ... I know since this one leaves from Texas, it was a little more laid back than some of the others that left from Fla. ports. We have taken my 16 yr old grandson on 2 cruises and he wore khaki pants and polo type shirts every night except formal night - that night he wore shirt, tie and his dress pants for his choir group. He was really wanting to wear a tux but his mom didn't spring for it! Most of the teens I've seen on the cruises always look really nice - except when the guys insist on the ball caps and to wear them thru out dinner.

sunnyinftmyers 08-19-2008 12:59 PM

We were on the Valor out of Miami last year in early May--very few kids on the ship. We were shocked on the first formal night to see the young, honeymoon-couple (in their 20's) at our table. She wore a nice top and pants; he wore a black t-shirt and black jeans. The rest of us were dressed in cocktail dresses and men were in nice sports jacket and pants. One young man next to us--I think he was 21---wore a shirt and tie every night. He had some classy parents with him who taught him how to dress appropriately. That was so nice to see. From what I can see, men don't have to be in a tux to look great in the dining room. Shirt and slacks--or shirt, tie and slacks! That looks so perfect!