Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2007, 12:05 PM

I recently booked a cruise with my brother and his girl friend and I'm the "3rd wheel"...I know, sounds terrible -. They offered to share a cabin with me but I decided to reserve my own room. The benefit of course is that I'll have my own cabin but it could be lonely if I don't meet anyone. Has anyone else been in this situation? Disaster or a lot of fun?

To save money, I booked the an unassigned cabin in the bottom of the boat. I've always had a cabin assignment in the past so I'm a bit nervous that my cabin will be in an undesireable location. Plus, I've been spoiled with a balcony in the past so its going to be different without one...and no window! Anyone care to share there experience cruising without an assigned cabin? Do they give you a choice when you check in? Do they assign your cabin a week prior to the sailing? How does this work?

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:43 PM

You will get your cabin assignment when you get there. I didn't get a choice, but you might. I doubt it though.
We were on the Rivera Deck. In a not desirable location, but we didn't care. It isn't like we spent any time in the room.
Just have fun and chill out. I'm sure you'll meet some friends and have a ball!

Happy Sailing!
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-23-2007, 05:33 PM

You'll sleep very well in an inside cabin, very dark when the light are out. I always cruise either inside or with a balcony, about half my bookings cruises each. I like it, I like the price. My wife is the reason we get balconies when we do. There are so many peolple and things to do I can't imagine you getting lonely or bored on a ship. Let us know how everything went when you get back and have a great time. Don't worry about the unassigned cabin either, guarantee status is very common and you have a better chance of upgrade that way than if you chose your cabin.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Check the Capers for activities. They have a singles meet and greet. Don't know if you'll meet that special someone on a cruise, but you should have no problem meeting people to hang out with.

I don't mind the inside cabins, I just had one and we saved alot of money, it was great. If you cruise single it is about the only way to go, as you are already paying 150% of the normal rate.

You can get your cabin assignment at least 10 days prior to boarding usually. Some people get them alot sooner, it depends on several factors. I have booked Riviera deck on a Guarantee, and have been upgraded 3 decks! It just depends on how early you book, and the demand for the sailing.

No worries! You are going on a cruise!

Best wishes,

Dwayne

Closed Thread