Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 10:43 AM

Hello, first time cruiser and poster here. My wife and I (late 20's early 30') will be cruising on the Celebration on Feb 4th. Headed to Key West and Nass., we are sooooo excited. We have fun doing anything we do, so I know we will have an absolute blast on the ship. And of course, being newbee's we have tons of question, but can someone tell what I should expect as far as the weather and what type of clothes to bring. Will it be warm enough to swim..??
Thanks
Freddy
Old 01-11-2008, 11:16 AM

Hi Freddy,

I'm leaving on the Celebration TOMORROW and I see by the weather channel that we might be following the storm all the way south!

You know what I say? The worst day on a cruise is still better than the best day at work!!!

There are hot tubs on board, so even if it is coldish you can still enjoy them. As long as it isn't too rough, the pools stay open, although they are usually too cold in cloudy weather.

There are plenty of activities to keep you busy, although most people do enjoy the fun in the sun. Hopefully, the weather will be better for you than for me. We plan on taking clothing suitable for rainy weather. Just check the maps on weather.com and you'll know the temperature and weather forecast.

Have a GREAT time on your cruise -- welcome to the wonderful world of cruise addiction!!

Bon Voyage,
Marylovestocruise

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-11-2008, 12:13 PM

weathernetwork.com currently has nassau at 28C Celsius with a few clouds.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 01-11-2008, 12:43 PM

Thanks Mary! Have a great time on your cruise! I'm looking forward to reading your post when you get back (Hint--hint)
Old 01-11-2008, 02:38 PM

Freddy,
We cruised on the Celebration in June 2007. Recently, we went on the Inspiration. We loved the Celebration! While there is no grand atrium, it is a great ship. We liked the smallness of it compared to the Inspiration. I suggest you take a hair dryer with you because they do not supply them. The beds are great. Make sure you two do everything. I love to be involved with everything they do onboard. It is much more fun to do all the stuff than to stay all cooped-up in your room. We went to Nassau. It was fun. The people were nice, but were really trying to sell stuff. Make them an offer and don't pay full price for anything! HAVE FUN!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:07 AM

Thanks Fuzz! Any recommendations on the excursions for both Key West and Nass., there are so many to choose from??? Decisions decisions.... thanks
Old 01-12-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fre1fred2:
Hello, first time cruiser and poster here. My wife and I (late 20's early 30') will be cruising on the Celebration on Feb 4th. Headed to Key West and Nass., we are sooooo excited. We have fun doing anything we do, so I know we will have an absolute blast on the ship. And of course, being newbee's we have tons of question, but can someone tell what I should expect as far as the weather and what type of clothes to bring. Will it be warm enough to swim..??
Thanks
Freddy
Freddy,

The Celebration was our first cruise. You will have a blast. We sailed her Aug 06. Freeport was lame but Nassau was great...do the tour for that big hotel there. It is a painfully fast cruise....BOOOO HOOOO on return...you'll see...
Old 01-13-2008, 12:59 AM

Hi Freddy, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

The Conch Train Tour on Key West is a must do! In Nassau, if you go over to Paradise Island where Atlantis is located make sure to take a regular taxi and not the "Water taxi".

Also do a search in our Caribbean Port Chat section. It has a wealth of great information.

I would take a jacket for the open decks just in case. Especially going down and back up the FL coast, it can get chilly in the evenings with the wind. Hopefully it will be nice and warm for you.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 01-14-2008, 05:29 AM

Thanks for all the info! If you can think of anything else you would like to pass on.. please do
Old 01-14-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Hi Freddy, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

The Conch Train Tour on Key West is a must do! In Nassau, if you go over to Paradise Island where Atlantis is located make sure to take a regular taxi and not the "Water taxi".

Also do a search in our Caribbean Port Chat section. It has a wealth of great information.

I would take a jacket for the open decks just in case. Especially going down and back up the FL coast, it can get chilly in the evenings with the wind. Hopefully it will be nice and warm for you.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
We took the "water taxi" and had no problem. The only think is, it's still a long walk 'til you reach Antlantis.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, carnival, celebration, clothing, cruise, excursions, kind, line, lines, lune, reviews, update, water, weather, yahoo