Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2007, 04:09 PM

I have been on Disney and they rock the boat with there sailing away party. So I was wondering if the Conquest rocks as well? What happens? Thanks guys for your input.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:26 PM

I haven't cruised on Conquest since she moved from New Orleans. But while she was there, the party while leaving out was pretty wild (OK one was wild, the other was so-so, I owe the whoop-it-up party to a bunch of spring breakers).

Sensations sail away party was a hoot as well. I think it all depends which social host and dancers are involved.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-10-2007, 05:25 PM

I just sailed on 7/29 and yes there was a party going on. I don't drink all that much and neither does my husband so we hid in our rooms but from the use of advil the next morning there were many people living it up. I LOVE the Disney cruise and in my opinion the Conquest couldn't compete with them but what did you expect when you pay so much less. We had fun though. The went with kids so we spent a lot of time doing things with them and didn't get to party much. Hope you have a great time!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:50 PM

Thanks you two! I dearly loved the Disney Cruise. But then again, I LOVE ANYTHING DISNEY!!!I have never tried Carnival but I hope that I feel the same way I felt on leaving the ship that morning of departing from my 7 days of paradise,I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE!
Old 08-10-2007, 09:45 PM

Yes, the Conquest does a sail-away party. Mostly on the pool deck and spa deck. It starts after the muster drill (life jacket drill). But, I'm not sure how much I consider having to buy my own drinks as a "party". Typically the cruise director will be there and give a couple of welcome aboard type annoucnements and there is a band and such. If you want to be on the Cruise Log video, then show up and find the guy with the big video camera, he will be there taking shots for the DVD.

Normally we have early dinner seating and by the time muster drill is done, you have a few minutes of time to see the actual sail away before you need to be down changing for dinner. If you want to enjoy the party longer, dress for dinner (relax requirements for the first night anyway)and then you can hang out until dinner time.

You'll have a great time. The Conquest is a great ship.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
captains, carnival, conquest, cruise, orleans, party, sail, sailing