Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:09 AM

I was reading some comments on another forum and someone had mentioned that the carnival Glory rocks alot compared to other ships even on calm seas? How do feel about this? I hope I am allowed to ask this question as I would like some opinions. I have only been on one cruise the Triumph, and there was no rocking. Are the stabilizers on the Glory ok? This will be my kids first cruise and I told them to convince them to try it that we never felt anything on the Triumph. Sounds like this may not be the case with the Glory. What do you think? I hope my kids love cruisin as I already booked on to the Carnival Dream in a few years and don't want to have to go alone.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-11-2009, 11:09 AM

I was reading some comments on another forum and someone had mentioned that the carnival Glory rocks alot compared to other ships even on calm seas? How do feel about this? I hope I am allowed to ask this question as I would like some opinions. I have only been on one cruise the Triumph, and there was no rocking. Are the stabilizers on the Glory ok? This will be my kids first cruise and I told them to convince them to try it that we never felt anything on the Triumph. Sounds like this may not be the case with the Glory. What do you think? I hope my kids love cruisin as I already booked on to the Carnival Dream in a few years and don't want to have to go alone.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:52 PM

quote:
I was reading some comments on another forum and someone had mentioned that the carnival Glory rocks alot compared to other ships even on calm seas? How do feel about this?

I've sailed on the Glory twice and didn't notice any rocking during calm seas. We had to high tail it out of Nassau a few years ago because of a Hurricane and we made a sharp turn. The ship tilted and everything slid off of the bar shelves, and the water came out of the pool and washed the deck tables and chairs into the railings. That was hardly normal sailing conditions though. Other than that incident it has been smooth sailing during my cruises on the Glory. BTW, they replaced the light plastic table chairs with heavy metal ones since then.

Dwayne
Old 03-11-2009, 02:21 PM

That was kind of a funny answer, changed to metal chairs was that so they could make a louder bang? I'm just kidding. Thanks for the answer in a strange way you made me feel more comfortable. I sure hope I don't have high tail it anytime. Might grab a chair for a free ride!

Old 03-11-2009, 02:47 PM

Been on Glory twice and have no problems with it. My wife loves the gentle side to side motion. At night, it just rocks you to sleep like a baby.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Old 03-12-2009, 07:29 PM
My daughter served for 8 months onthe Glory and I can't recall her saying anything about more rocking than any other ship and she has been on a few in her 6 years with Carnival. The cruise we had was fine. The worst trip I had was on the Destiny but it was clearly the seas and not the ship.
The Glory will be fine
Old 03-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I cruised once on the Carnival Glory. It was a 7-Day Eastern Caribbean (Nassau,St.Thomas,St.Martin) cruise. It was back in Dec. 2006. I had a great time and it was always smooth through-out the entire cruise.

I am not sure whether the Glory had excellent stabilizers or whether the seas were light and smooth.

The most movement I expierienced on any of my five cruises was onboard the Norwegian Pearl last December. It was the evening after we left Cozumel. It was difficult to walk a straight line through the passageways (hallways) (maybe unless you were drunk ). I do remember the crew leaving those familar paper motion sickness bags near the elevators. The swimming pool on the Lido deck looked like the scene in the Disney movie Fantasia when Mickey was conducting the orchestra. But despite all that, it wasn't too bad. I asked the crew if they were ever in worse seas, and they said they have been in "much worse".

I guess, whether or not the ships movement is rough depends on how rough the seas are. The stabilizers can only help so much. But now-a-days the ships are bigger, so that helps too. However, one should hope for smooth seas at the time of their cruise.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:13 PM

I have been on the Glory 3 time and that has never been an issue, In fact in 05 we followed Hurricane Katrina we turned left to Grand Caymen and the Hurricane went to New Orleans. In fact we are booking another trip on on the Glory this summer
Old 03-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Hi er5512, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I like the Glory too. On my first cruise on her it took me awhile to find my way around. It is a bit quirky the way some of the decks are cut off and you have to go up a deck and then back down. I love the Fish n Chips and that area of the Lido restaurant. It is so much nicer and quieter up there. I only have one small suggestion, they have the omelet station at the end of the breakfast buffet line. It holds up the entire line whether people are getting omelets or not. They need to make it a separate station. I left suggestion comments about this. I would not hesitate to cruise on the Glory again, and probably would have this fall. I decided to hold off a few months for when the Dream takes her place in December.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, carnival, compared, cruise, dream, glory, motion, movement, paper, review, seas, ships, sickness, stabalizers, stabilizers