Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 11:55 AM

I wanted to thank everyone on these boards for all of the great advice. I've been reading/lurking for a few months in preparation for my upcoming cruise.
I'm so excited that My fiance and I will be going on our first cruise in just 17 short days.
We had originally looked into a 4 day cruise as a test to see if it would be something we would want to do for our honeymoon. (He's a little iffy on this crazy notion of not being able to see land. I dunno ) But the prices on this cruise were almost the same so, here we are on our 8 day cruise. We booked an inside guarantee room Riviera Deck (saving money for the wedding) Got our room assignments and ended up on the upper deck. I'd like to do something special for him while we are on the cruise. His 32nd birthday is right around the corner, any ideas or suggestions?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:58 AM
Girl pre order some strawberries and champagne for your room and well you know....

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-17-2007, 12:02 PM

oooh, too bad he's allergic to strawberries....
Old 04-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

hmmmm....worried about not seeing land, alergic to strawberries.....better eat the strawberries yourself and let him get tanked up on the champagne then
Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 PM

good point, carl. What am I getting myself into.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Banned

Well, maybe one of you will at least enjoy the trip!! I'm sure you will both enjoy. There is plenty to do with lots of non-allergenic foods available, great ports! Hey, and if he complains too much, tell him to hand the bottle over to you.........
Old 04-17-2007, 07:59 PM

krissy_cruiser - My first cruise was on the Victory. I swore my husband would never get me on a ship. But I went...then the addiction started!

To look for special gifts, you can go to Carnival's Website and they have a whole gift section.

Have a fantastic time!

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 04-18-2007, 09:19 AM

thanks for the heads up Chris.
I am hopeful the same will happen in this case. I got him to go to an all inclusive resort (punta cana, Dominican Republic) last summer. I'm looking forward to this cruise being the first of many.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Krissy in the formal department on the ship they have this really neat acrylic heart that they will engrave for you with your names and date and has the ship on it. Very lovely as a keepsake of your love. I have mine on my desk. Also the really neat frames with the ship on them and have a real nice formal picture taken on board to put in it. For his birthday buy something ahead of time and have it with you. Bring a small bottle of champagne and then when on ship on some wonderful night go to the bar ask for a couple of champagne glasses and take the gift, the champagne, glasses and him to the deck with the beautiful moon glistening off the water. After you give him your gift toast to your wonderful life ahead by always remembering this moment as you look out to sea and that wonderful moon. That will seal it. You could also get him something on ship as a gift too. I got my husband a pair of cuff links that had the RC ships logo on them and every time he puts them on he remembers that night I gave them to him. Now when we get ready to go out he ask where his cruise cuff links are.
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 04-22-2007, 02:54 PM

baby doll, what a sweet idea. thanks for the advice. It's getting so close now I really have to hurry. I think I will steal some of your ideas. Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Tags
2008, 6th, acrylic, birthday, carnival, christmas, cruise, engraving, ideas, lines, ornaments, victory