Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2006, 08:25 PM

I hope someone can help me. my husband and i were on the Carnival Miracle in june and were told to shop at certain stores and it was guaranteed. we shopped at Diamonds International and bought a braclet and it was appraised for much less then what we paid for it. i filled out a paper for the guarantee on board but i dont know whom to contact about how we got ripped off. any suggestions will be most helpful.

thank You

Jennifer
Old 07-03-2006, 08:25 PM

I hope someone can help me. my husband and i were on the Carnival Miracle in june and were told to shop at certain stores and it was guaranteed. we shopped at Diamonds International and bought a braclet and it was appraised for much less then what we paid for it. i filled out a paper for the guarantee on board but i dont know whom to contact about how we got ripped off. any suggestions will be most helpful.

thank You

Jennifer
Old 07-04-2006, 01:27 AM

Hey Jennifer, is my sister's name also so got my attention and will try to look into it for you. I have never shopped the gauranteed stores for jewelry as I know to get it from personal reccomendations. Saying that means I don't know what they are Guarantee-ing. It could be price on that item on that Island on that cruise, or be the quality. If you have a copy of the Guarantee advertisement email it to me..I will leave if you post back and try to direct you to who to speak with. Please do have it appraised at a profesional jeweler. And keep in mind buying it from you price is different than selling it to you price. Hope this helps.

Best to all,
IslandCruz
Old 07-04-2006, 02:56 AM

On this Subject, I would like to make a suggestion. Ask other passengers that have simular jewelry you like where they got it from. I have had some great advice given to me for the different ports. I have purchased jewelry on St.Thomas after bargaining on a Sunday that is now appraised at 3 times what I paid..was an 18 inch Figaro cut Italian gold chain. My advice go to a reputable jeweler there and bargain him down..If they are offering kick-backs and guarantees to the cruise line then they must be marking something up to pay for it. Use some common sense, and if shopping for a particular item shop it out on ebay first, and get your bearings for the price.

If is such a Bargain and Deal why would they need to spend thousands of dollars and flyers to tell you and everyone else on every other cruise about it?

Best to all,
IslandCruz
Old 07-04-2006, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I too am not sure what exactly they are guaranteeing but I do know that if one feels they have been taken advantage of from a recommened store that I should report it to the super shopper on board. i dont have anything to email to you sorry, i wish i did. i tried to email Carnival but have not gotten a response, since it is a holiday.
We bought it for 899 and was appraised at 495. even the carat weight was not correct. it was appraised by an independant apparaiser.

thanks again.
jen
Old 07-04-2006, 05:26 PM

Did you attend the Port shopping talk on the ship? They usually tell you before you leave the cruise to fill out a "Guarantee form" on what you bought and drop it off in a box or Guest relations. The guarantee is for 30 days. It covers if the item you purchase breaks, loses a stone etc. I am not certain, but I think it covers "buyers regret" in that 30 days.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:18 PM

I did attend the port shopping talk, I filled out the guarantee and dropped it in the box. It has not broken or lost a stone. It has nothing to do with buyers regret either, it does have to do with the fact that we feel we were taken advantage of by Diamonds International. they sold us the braclet for $899.00, said we should have it appraised back home, so we did and it appraised at $495.00. that is $404.00 difference and the carat count is off by 10%. so you see it has to do with the fact that we were taken advantage of and I want my $404.00 back. it is only far. they said in the shop talk if something like this happens and you feel taken advantage of tell them. so i am working on a solution.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:51 AM

Hey Jen,

I know there is a department at the Carnival offices in Miami that you can speak to directly. I believe it is Guest Relations. As long as you have all the paperwork, receipts, etc., to send you should have no problem.

Carnival gathers this information and if there are numerous complaints with one particular vendor, they will no longer use them and send passengers to their store.

See if that helps, and keep me posted on this thread. Hope I was able to help.

Billy
Old 07-07-2006, 08:00 AM

Jennifer- You need to have it professionally appraisied (from a certified gemologist) and have a written apprasial from them. You can contact Carnival before you have that to make sure you are in your 30 day window of notifiying them. My wife did this on a tennis bracelet we bought but it appraised at a little more than we paid for it, so we are happy. But she had contacted Carnival because of a ring my mother in law had purchased that was not worth what she paid for it. Did you try CCL's website? I don't know if there is a contact number there for the shopper's guarantee or not. I'll have to find out from the wife how she contacted them.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
30, arnival, buyers, caribbean, carnival, cruise, day, good, guarantee, guarantees, port, purchase, purchases, royal, shopping