Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2005, 11:34 AM

Hello! We will be travelling on the Carnival Victory with a one-year old and a three-year old. We have a double stroller at home, as well as a single ordinary stroller and we are not sure which to bring. Will we have trouble getting around the ship? Should we consider buying an umbrella stroller or a back-pack for the younger one, and making the older one walk? What about catching a cab or getting around when on excursions? Any comments on the subject would be appreciated.

Nancy
Old 10-09-2005, 11:34 AM

Hello! We will be travelling on the Carnival Victory with a one-year old and a three-year old. We have a double stroller at home, as well as a single ordinary stroller and we are not sure which to bring. Will we have trouble getting around the ship? Should we consider buying an umbrella stroller or a back-pack for the younger one, and making the older one walk? What about catching a cab or getting around when on excursions? Any comments on the subject would be appreciated.

Nancy
Old 10-09-2005, 01:33 PM
hi I personally think you are better of with an umbrella stroller as it is a pain to drag around a large stroller. on board you can always carry the littlist one and put the bigger one in the stroller, or take 2 umbrella strollers if you do not want to chase the older one around. been on the victory twice great ship and great crew enjoy!!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 01:57 PM

Hi peachcrek,

Thanks for the quick response. Could you please specify what you mean by "its a pain to drag around a large stroller"? Do you mean in general (e.g. flights, etc.) or specifically on the ship? Are there physical impediments to using a larger stroller on board? Thanks again,

Pat
Old 10-09-2005, 04:31 PM

The elevators are standard elevator size, and the doors are all automatic and wide (think how many cruisers are in wheelchairs).

Problem with double: small cabin. Are we talking a MacLaren or a monster Graco heavy thing? Are we talking a Peg Perego GIANT thing?

I have five kids- strollers were my obsession.

Tell me the time of year and the ports of call and the double you are referring to and I will think on it more!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:31 PM

Hi,
We have seven kids and I personally think two umbrella strollers would be easier to maneuver around the ship. It doesn't matter which double you have it will take up precious space in the cabin. The umbrella ones are little enough to shove in the closet or under the bed. Plus there are times when I hold an umbrella stroller in one arm and kid in the other(like boarding trams, getting in a cab etc)
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 10-09-2005, 06:00 PM

Hi again!

I appreciate the comments about precious cabin space. However, given that our 4 kids will be on the cruise, we will have two communicating cabins, so that will help out a bit. Our stroller is a Graco Duo-Glider. I know it takes up space, but it is usually full with our two youngest kids and countless items in the basket underneath.

As far as time of year is concerned, we will be travelling from Miami on the Carnival Victory from 1 to 8 Jan 06. We'll be doing a Western Caribean cruise. I suspect that the stroller will be difficult to bring ashore.

As always, your advice is appreciated.

Pat & Nancy
Old 10-09-2005, 06:08 PM

Okay, then it won't be too got and you can definitely bring a backpack. Whether you should go out and buy a new one, I don't know. I used mine all the time.

Forget the Graco, they are waaay heavy.

Cyndi is right, you can hold a baby in one hand and swing the umbrella into the tender with the other. You can also leave the three year old on the ship in camp Carnival while you take the baby on shore.

I once bought an insanely cheap double umbrella that was the best thing ever. I had a monster one at home and wanted to get something light for the trip. It was a Combi. I just checked on line and they have a double for 84.95 https://www.babiesfirstchoice.com/merchantmanager/v2/in...0&sort=&filter_id=65

Try that. In any case i would not bring the Graco. Be sure to bring a backpack and ditch the diaper bag.

Have fun!
Old 10-10-2005, 03:13 AM
exactly as the other posters salso said a large stroller would be a double whammy, in your cabin and taking around the ship you really are better off with 2 umbrella strollers, sometimes you will not even use both of them, and some days you will be glad you have 2 of them along and as the other posters said easy to stow away in either the closet, under the beds, and if your bathroom is large under the sink out of the way, and I agree back back better then diaper bag.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:51 AM

Have you checked out the resale shops around you sometimes you can find umbrella double strollers for $20 or $30 and as for buying another single umbrella one every fall and then again in the winter Babies R Us and Toys R Us runs a special that if you buy $50 worth of merchandise you get a free umbrella stroller. I do it every year. They make great baby gifts and I have 2 at my house. (you can spend $50 in there just buying diapers and wipes!)
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
baby, bring, buffalo, carnival, carnvial, carriage, cruise, double, full, ny, rules, ship, ships, size, stroller, umbrella