Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 AM

Does anyone knoe if they show the superbowl on the ship. In the past I have been on rccl and they actually have a huge party, I am really praying they will show it. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Sorry so many questions
Mainier 2004,2005
Majestey 2005
Navigator 2006
Soverign May 2007
Valor Feb 2009
Valor 2010
Old 01-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Cruiseonly:
Does anyone knoe if they show the superbowl on the ship. In the past I have been on rccl and they actually have a huge party, I am really praying they will show it. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Sorry so many questions
I did an American/Hawain cruise many years ago and they did a big party. I was cruising Carnvial last year during Playoffs and not much happened. It may depend on what the Cruise Director wants to do and if he is a fan or not or thinks it will help with activities. What ship are you sailing?

My daughter was dancing on the Destiny last year and there was a show scheduled during the Superbowl. She had trouble even finding a score. I will guess that if the Superbowl does not conflict with a regular big ship event they will party, other wise not. We should be able to get ship activity for Sundays if we knew what ship?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 AM

Who's cares about football when you are on a cruise!!!! I don't go on a cruise to watch sport, so the cruise lines should not offer any type of sport parties. My wife would kill me if they have this on our trip.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
so the cruise lines should not offer any type of sport parties
Are you serious? What's wrong with watching the Super Bowl and having a party? It's just a few hours.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:44 PM

I will be leaving the end of January for my seventh Superbowl Cruise. 1-NCL, 4 Carnival, 2 Royal Caribbean. The Superbowl is a huge sporting event whether on land or sea. The fact that companies will be pay a million dollars for a 30 second commercial proves that.

I think the ship would have a mutiny on their hands if the Superbowl wasn't held somewhere on the ship. It also is a golden opportunity to boost drinks sales. My experience on the Carnival ships was the Superbowl took precedence. It was shown in the main show lounge and there was no other main show that night. There were other activities in the smaller lounges for non-sports fans. This was on the Fantasy and Fascination. Perhaps on the Destiny they still had a main show because the Destiny is a larger ship and does have a sports bar and several other lounges where they could show the Superbowl.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:46 PM

I'd really be surprised if they didn't have a party and show it. We had a bowl night on the Royal, and it was only college bowl games. I cannot imagine not having the superbowl televised on the big screen.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:28 PM

Most if not all of the Carnival ships have a sports bar. I'm a huge Nascar fan and I was able to watch the Daytona 500 on the Carnival Legend 2 years ago. I thought that I'd be the only passenger interested in watching the race but turns out the place was packed and everyone had a blast. If there is a sports bar on the ship, the Superbowl will be televised for certain.

I just got back from my New Years cruise on the Miracle yesterday and they had an excellent sports bar! Lots of tvs. If you're sailing on the Miracle, this is one of the my favorite ships in the entire fleet. Will write a review soon.

Go Patriots...oh wait, 11 & 5 and we didn't make the playoffs Guess, I'll have to root for the Celtics & the Bruins till Red Sox Season. It's rough being a boston fan these days
Old 01-10-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Does anyone knoe if they show the superbowl on the ship.
Yes, The SuperBowl will be shown on the Carnival Valor. It wouldn't surprise me if it was shown on the Valor's new Seaside Theatre in addition to the other venues.

Dwayne
Old 01-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Being on a cruise ship should make watching the SuperBowl even better than watching it a home.

Sonny
Old 01-11-2009, 01:57 PM

And you don't have to work the next day !! How much better can it get !

Closed Thread

Tags
bowl, carnival, cruise, disney, fantasy, line, party, review, ship, show, super, superbowl, televise, time, watching