Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2005, 05:51 AM

Any you know, after returning from the Conquest where we had 2 formal nights where folks - including us - DID dress, I was commenting to my wife (as we schlepped luggage for our family of four yesterday at the airport...)NEXT cruise, I think I am going to be one of those folks who skip the formal night and eat on the Lido deck...after all I wear a suit to the office every day - why would I want to do that on my holiday

(OK it is fun, I admit but we could have lost at least one suitcase (on a 7 day cruise) if we had just ditched the formal wear)

And Fraze is correct, Carnival is a laid back cruise line even on the formal nights we saw folks dressed in dockers/golf shirts & female equivalent in the Monet.

I wore a swimsuit & a t-shirt to the indoor Lido buffet for lunch - and so did the majority of other cruisers (it IS your hard earned $$$ YOU spent on the Cruise after all )
Old 10-28-2005, 12:50 PM

During the day we go as casual as we like, shorts, tank tops, swimsuits. For dinner, we always dress nice, formal nights even nicer! I know it happens on every cruise where you'll see some people wear jeans or shorts in the dining room, but I feel on the cruises we've been on that most will dress nicer for dinner than not. But...it is YOUR vacation. We went on one where we never even went to dinner except on lido and we sure did save on the luggage LOL...talk about going casual!

cheryl
Old 11-02-2005, 07:44 AM

Carnival has a dress code... No shorts in the dining room for dinner, etc.

Here is the carnival dress code, taken from their site. Oh, and we satched them turing everyone in shorts away of the miracle 9/25 cruise.. telling them the buffet was up on deck 9 , for casual dining.

Is there a dress code for the dining room?

Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:19 AM

Hello all,
First thing is destination, i'll presume Caribbean. Shorts and tees for the day(s). Dining is a paid of Dockers (or something similiar) and a golf type shirt. "You could go shorts and tees but lets try to keep or dining respectable". Formal nights (of which there are 2) are really for your best dressed photos so you really want to dress your best. As for myself, after several cruises I've started packing very light. I leave home in long pants and return in those same pants. 4 short pants 7 golf type shirts (used for daily wear and non formal dinner) 4 docker type pants for dinner, socks & undies you have to make that call. But after day 4 I wash my clothes in the laundromat onboard, I get get there very early in the morning and then on they finally day,, late night i'm washing again, clean clothes whenI return home.

Good luck

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, dressed, dressing, ship