Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2005, 04:33 PM

This probably is a stupid question. I will be going on a cruise for the first time for my 20th anniversay. Can jeans be worn during the day.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:48 PM
anything goes you can wear jeans shorts whatever, depends where you are going how hot how cold I would recommend casual pants for dining in dining room at night, not jeans but I have seen them come in in jeans.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monsie:
This probably is a stupid question. I will be going on a cruise for the first time for my 20th anniversay. Can jeans be worn during the day.
We have been told "Resort Casual"

I seriously doubt if you will want to wear jeans during the 80+ degree day - try swimsuits with cover tops if you want or shorts & T-shirts.

Dockers & Golf Shirts work for every night except the formal ones - then a business suit/business dress will work

HAVE FUN!! We leave in 2 days
Old 10-06-2005, 11:45 AM

Hi Monsie, my boyfriend and I went on a short cruise to the Bahamas about a year ago and we just wore jean shorts and tank tops (for me) and t-shirts and cut off shirts (for my boyfriend). We are in our early 20's so we don't have to dress "appropriate" if we don't want to. I went to dinner on the informal nights in shorts and tank tops, I don't think it matters, whatever is comfortable. We're going on another cruise this coming May with my parents and my boyfriends parents (they're all around 50) and I'm going to tell them to bring shorts, jeans, t-shirts and tank tops, as I am telling you. But as the other poster said, jeans may be too hot, depending on when you're cruising. I probably won't be wearing jeans when we go to the Western Caribbean in May, but in December, I'm sure it would be fine.

Hope this helps and have a great time!! (it's going to my parents and boyfriend's parents first time cruising as well!)
Old 10-09-2005, 10:56 AM

How formal is the formal night? My family and I will be taking our first cruise on the Carnival Victory departing on 1 Jan 06. I'm a also serving Canadian naval officer and have what's known as a "Mess Kit" (i.e. a military black tuxedo with my rank). My wife would like me to take it along, but I suspect that I might be over-dressed. Any opinions? Thanks in advance,

Pat
Old 10-09-2005, 10:59 AM

On the Glory, formal night ranged from polo shirt and khakis to tuxedoes. It all depends on the person.

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-15-2005, 08:54 PM

Pat & Nancy,
I saw people dressed in military outfits, I think they were getting pictures taken also. Some people go in elegance, such as tux's and long evening gowns. I didn't but I had very dressy dresses on the two formal nights, and skirts or even dressy capri outfits on the other nights.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:01 PM

Monsie,
I think the weather should be in the 80's. Were you planning on being in the sun on the decks or are you going to be going to more inside things? If more inside things you may want to bring the jeans and a sweater or light jacket. They tend to keep the ship very cool. I liked it but had friends who shared a cabin and had turned their air all the way to the warmest position. I just got back last Sunday and had been burnt, blistered and peeled and tanned the underneath skin again before getting off the boat.... hope I can maintain that Caribbean tan for a while. (doubtful in Illinois)
Old 10-16-2005, 10:15 PM
I just got back from my cruise on-board the Carnival Funship Inspiration. I only saw a few people dressed up "to the 9s" in tuxedos and the female equivalent. It seemed most people were wearing buisness attire (dark suit and tie, and the female equivalent). On Carnival cruises, it seems that the dress code is more relaxed than other cruise lines.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Going back to the original question: Sure, you could wear jeans during the day. Only you would probably be more comfortable in shorts. I even saw passengers walking around inside, in their swimsuits. Either before or after going to the pool.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, dressed, dressing, ship