Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 08:03 PM

being this is my first cruise,can anyone tell me what to do until i go? also is there a place to rent jetski's in nassau. please help me. getting to excited. oh i forgot to mention were staying in ft.lauderdale the night before at the grand hotel and yacht club is there anything exciting we can do there. how is the hotel pics. anyone,
Old 05-10-2007, 06:52 AM

Don't know how many days you have left until your cruise, but I keep myself busy packing, unpacking, repacking, checking all my paperwork, making sure my cameras are charged, etc. There is plenty to do in Ft. Lauderdale. Don't know your age group, but we're in our 50s. My favorite thing to do is take the water taxi. It's $10/pp for unlimited use. They run pretty much every hour from 9am-11pm, it may run until midnight now. If you're into shopping, get off at one of the Las Olas Boulevard stops and shop 'til you drop. Be sure to go to the end of the line and have a couple of drinks at the clubs there on the intracoastal. Charlie's Crab has wonderful food (which is at that stop). Another great place for dinner is Pier 66 Bar & Grill. It's on the Intracoastal and if the Grand is the hotel I'm thinking of, Pier 66 is right across the intracoastal from the Grand off of the 17th Street Causeway. If you're into partying, the Elbo room is still there as well as a bunch of clubs on A1A (make sure you take a cab or the water taxi-don't want a DUI before your cruise!)Another great place for dinner is the Sea Watch, you'll have to take a cab there, but it is right on the ocean. Great view, great food, great drinks! Welcome to cruise-chat and I'm sure you'll become addicted along with the rest of us. Have a wonderful time!!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:48 AM

Another thing that helps is exactly this. I read and ask questions on here. It really does help. And I go over my checklist for shopping for things we need, film, batteries, sunscreen, etc., and like Penny pack and repack.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:12 AM

I go to the Carnival web site daily and after you've registered when you go there it will say Hi to you and tell you how many days until you cruise! I LOVE that! Kudos Carnival on a neat idea. Be VERY careful on renting jet skis...or anything for that matter. First of all, the water in Nassau isn't THAT great. Plus, when you rent something here, it's new and kept in good shape. In any foreign land, they're used and NOT in the best of shape. I simply wouldn't trust em. Cozumel...MAYBE. Nassau...no! Have a great cruise. Email me if there's anything else you want to know!

Closed Thread