Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:08 AM
hello all i just got back from the Freedom of the seas and yes the family is trying to get together for yet another cruise but this time on carnival so if you all could give me a little help and maybe some suggestions on ......which is the newest, biggest or just the best ship carnival has, if you could rate your favorite ship on a scale from 1-5 five being the best which would it be??? thank you for you help.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Banned

Spritfilled, unequivocally, to date, for me... Pride.
She leaves out of Long Beach, CA.
5* rating in my book.
A'ndrea
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 AM

The Carnival Freedom is their newest ship. It just started sailing in March. It is sailing in the Mediterrean for the summer. It will be back in the Caribbean in November, and stay there until next May, when it returns to the Mediterrean. The Carnival Freedom is a sister ship to the Conquest, Glory, Valor, and Liberty, all which are 110,000 ton.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 AM

I have to admit that I absolutely love Canival's Conquest Class Ships - which are: Valor, Glory, Liberty, Freedom and Conquest.

I have been on Triumph Class and the Holiday Class, but these mega vessels are just too my liking.

I imagine that it is up to what you are looking for in a ship. IF you are looking for big with lots of activities, then I say Conquest Class is your type of ship!

Hope this helps

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 05-17-2007, 01:25 PM

Where does the Miracle fit into all of this? What class is it? How big is it compared to others? How do people like it compared to others?

If someone could just give a rundown of the classes and ships (with pros and cons), that would be great.

Have it on my desk by Monday morning. And, yeeeaaah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday to look over those TPS reports, thanks.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:47 PM

No problem
I love to get paid time and a half

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 05-17-2007, 02:08 PM

I don't do TPS reports since someone stole my stapler...

But, the Miracle is a Spirit class ship. Its a tad smaller than a Conquest class but not enough to be concerned with. I like the layout of the Spirit class ships better. But size-wise and ammenity-wise (if that is a word) they rank up there with the Conquest ships.

For Spiritfilled... if you liked the Freedom's size, then go with a Conquest or Spirit class ship. You can go down to a Fantasy class ship and still have the look and feel of a big ship (but not nearly the same number of balconies). If you want to try the other end of the spectrum on cruising try the Holiday or the Celebration. They are small, but with less passengers, the crew can be more accomidating. So the hospitality tends to be a bit nicer. But if you went on the freedom for the ice rink and the rock wall and flow-rider... you will be disappointed in even the biggest CCL ships. BUT most people don't use those things. If you are one of them, then you can have an equvialent cruise experience for less $$ (in my opinion, SonnyV will say otherwise )

If I were you, I would pick the cruise by destinations and then find a ship size you like going to those ports. CCL has a good choice of ships cruising the different routes that you should be able to get what you want.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-17-2007, 02:43 PM

I can Fedex a stapler to your desk by tomorrow. I prefer government contractors, so that will be
$ 235.95 for the stapler plus shipping.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 PM

I prefer Fed Ex as well. Is night and day dealing with UPS. Fed Ex will actually be nice to you and help you and get it there on time

Hi Spiritfilled, Glad you had a great time. Sometimes bigger and newer is not always the best. But if you are going for that, Freedom would be it, and Splendor is on the way
Old 05-18-2007, 07:50 AM

first, thanks for the info...im already booked on the Miracle in Aug., so I cant change anything, but I think I made a good choice and im excited...though a flow-rider would have been cool...

and secondly, thanks for getting the reference and making me laugh, and thanks even more to those who didnt get it which made me laugh even harder

on a side note, im not going to go to my job anymore...im not quiting, im just going to stop going

Closed Thread