Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 04:47 AM

My husband and I and our 4 children are sailing on the Valor on March 19. Our ports are Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and I believe Costa Maya (In place of Cozumel). The only one I've been to before is Costa Maya. Any suggestions on excursions for the other ports would be GREATLY appreciated! We're especially interested in excursions that my children might like since we've never cruised with them before. (ages 17,14, 13, and 4) THANKS!
Old 01-15-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Spivey:
My husband and I and our 4 children are sailing on the Valor on March 19. Our ports are Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and I believe Costa Maya (In place of Cozumel). The only one I've been to before is Costa Maya. Any suggestions on excursions for the other ports would be GREATLY appreciated! We're especially interested in excursions that my children might like since we've never cruised with them before. (ages 17,14, 13, and 4) THANKS!
Hi my name is Amber I did the same cruise with my husband last year! The Valor is a beautiful ship. There's a dance club called a little step that they open for adults at night but it's for kids in the early evening they would have a blast!! Also they have an arcade that looked pretty cool. We did a Zip Line tour but it wasn't through the cruise line some one had told us about it on the cruise. It had 25 zip lines through the canopy of trees. I can't remember where it was though. I know that when we ported it was in Roatan and we took a cab to a mountain that was about 15-20 minutes away. It's amountain that they all know there. And it was 40 per person I think It was SOOOO Fun!! They would love it! In Belize we did the 4X4 expedition jeep and cave tour that was fun as well. They take you on a crazy ride in a really crazy looking bus, then you hike in caves with headlamps, then they take you on a landrover tour which was fun they you drive and the guides are totally cool. Then you get a GREAT boat ride back to the ship just in time to leave port. It's was fun. In Roatan there is a little restraunt on the water when you get off the ship to your right it looks like a really beat up pier kinda of ... Anyways they have the best lobster and beans and rice EVER for $12 bucks you can't beat it!!! By the way Belize is VERY run down and still very scary... Plan an excursion through the cruise lines... Have a great time. We're doing the Eastern one in may same ship!!!
Amber
Old 01-15-2006, 08:16 PM
I was on the Valor Western Caribbean in November. The Stingray City Tour on Grand Cayman was great.

I have a few pictures from the cruise and the excursions I did. Click Here
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 01-16-2006, 08:40 AM

Thanks, both of you!!! I've written down your information and will certainly use it to plan our activities. I can't wait to taste the lobster, Amber. And Larry, my kids loved your photos. It helped to get them even more excited! I appreciate your time.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:57 PM

Christie,

We are also going on the Valor, and wanted to share a website with you....

http://www.gatorclaw.com/voyageofvalor

It is amazing!! A couple that have cruised on the Valor put it together, and it shows alot of the ship as well as the excursions that they went on in each port. We ran across it when looking to book a cruise, and it sold us on the Valor!! Hope you enjoy it.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Very cool site! Thanks
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 01-17-2006, 05:42 PM

jmsettles,
What a great site! Thanks! Carnival should really look into using his videos for advertising. I want to go more than ever after watching it!

I'm too lazy to count your days till sailing. Are you going on March 19th, too? At any rate, have a great cruise!
Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 PM

We are cruising the week of March 5th.......looking forward to the Valor!

Joan
Old 01-22-2006, 05:17 PM

Hey Joan! We are going on the same cruise! LOL...finally found someone! Western Caribbean, March 5th Valor...My boyfriend & I are from Canada, his brother & sister-in-law live in Germany, and another couple from Montreal are going with us as well! This is my first cruise ever (my boyfriend and his brother & sister-in-law are frequent cruisers) and I am sooooo excited! Do you cruise alot?
Drama Queen
Old 01-22-2006, 05:31 PM

]we did the stingray tour in grand cayman and it was absolutely awesome. we did this through princess cruise last year. it stopped in "hell" an actual town then went to the turtle farm and then to stingray city and you get to swim with stingrays and feed them. i think you would really enjoy it. Have fun! we'll be on the same ship at the same time. i think that is the excursio we are doing but booking privately.

Closed Thread