Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 01:59 PM

Hi I am new to the chat so please bear with me.

In 2005 i was on cruise with my family. My daughter was sea sick for a bit. The day that she felt better she went to get dinner and was feeling queesy again and headed for the restroom. She passed out along the way and hit her face on a steel railing. She was knocked unconscious. To make a long story short, she broke 3 of her front teeth clean off and suffered cuts and abbrasions to her mouth etc.
I had purchased extra inssurance for the cruise.
The medical dept didn't do much,not that there was much that they could do. They sudgessted that I seek a dentist in the next port, Bahamas.
that was not an option.
By the time it was done it cost over 10,000 to get her smile back.
I had to pay all out of pocket.
The insurance was such a run around and she needed treatment sooner than later.

Do you think that Carnival would help with any of this?
Do we have any recoursce.

All comments are welcome.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by firemn:
Hi I am new to the chat so please bear with me.

In 2005 i was on cruise with my family. My daughter was sea sick for a bit. The day that she felt better she went to get dinner and was feeling queesy again and headed for the restroom. She passed out along the way and hit her face on a steel railing. She was knocked unconscious. To make a long story short, she broke 3 of her front teeth clean off and suffered cuts and abbrasions to her mouth etc.
I had purchased extra inssurance for the cruise.
The medical dept didn't do much,not that there was much that they could do. They sudgessted that I seek a dentist in the next port, Bahamas.
that was not an option.
By the time it was done it cost over 10,000 to get her smile back.
I had to pay all out of pocket.
The insurance was such a run around and she needed treatment sooner than later.

Do you think that Carnival would help with any of this?
Do we have any recoursce.

All comments are welcome.
Why didn't your health/dental/travel insurance pay?

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Administrator

It is doubtful that Carnival (or any cruise line) would "help" with this. They are not normally responsible for invididual actions, regardless of the reason such as being seasick. A passenger takes on a level of risk whenever they board a ship. This is the stuff that is handled by your own insurance, including travel insurance which is something I always recommend.

You also say this was at least two years ago. It is really late in the game to now come forward and ask for compensation.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:31 PM

you would think the tooth fairy would have footed some of the bill.
Why would Carnival pay anything? not trying to be a wise A$$ but I think it's time that everyone takes responsibility for one's own actions and stop looking for everyone else to chip in. I mean darn it when I was growing up we were forced into getting welfare when Dad decided to take off and three years later when mom and my siblings were able to pay all the bills we got off it as soon as possible. these days I see people trying to sue someone for a complete accident. accidents do happen.
mom called the other day and told me she tripped over a slightly uprooted sidewalk in front of the post office (by the front door) she fell and sprained her hand she went to the doctor and even he told her to sue the government. she agreed with me when I said watch where the heck your walking next time. we laughed and she is healing her hand as we speak. your tax dollars are not going to go to my mom or her hurting hand.
take resposibility for your own actions. and sue only when negligence is layed upon the owner.
sorry I had to vent.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:41 PM

Well you were venting.
I think that you read into it a bit more than is there.

I also think that the comparison to welfare is a bit of a stretch. I did not ever mention compensation or lawsuit. You did.
I was referring to Carnival helping me with the Suplemental Insurance Company that made it impossible to get urgently needed medical services.

I believe that I stated that I paid out of pocket also.
Thanks for your help.
I hope you feel better.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:48 PM

prolly was reading too much into it. sorry.
Im just the village Idiot here anyway pay no attention to me.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Mr. O,

no need to apologize. We all need to vent occasionally--this was just your turn. I was thinking as I was reading your post, "this dosen't sound like the usual happy-go-lucky Mr. O we all know and love". Hope everything is o.k. with you, my friend.

Rick
Old 04-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

To the OP...it isn't of any benefit to you...but we do thank you for sharing the information. It may be of benefit to a cruiser in the future to know what they are up against in an injury situation.

We are very blessed to have full dental (and vision) insurance. I know all to well how much dental work costs. (Just take a Nighthawk 750 and wrap it around a telephone pole.) Almost 20 years and we are still replacing teeth with crowns...as the original work slowly fails.

Sorry to hear about her accident. I know her smile is worth every penny.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Mr. O,

no need to apologize. We all need to vent occasionally--this was just your turn. I was thinking as I was reading your post, "this dosen't sound like the usual happy-go-lucky Mr. O we all know and love". Hope everything is o.k. with you, my friend.

Rick
Thanks Rick.
Just a bad day at work seeing people that take, ask and want, everything given to them as if they are owed it. while I bust my butt each day
working for what I have.
this was nothing against FIREMN at all. just a vent Like I said.
Just sick of political correctness and stupid people not taking responsibility for them selves and their actions, ruining everything our boy's are fighting for and all that have died for the freedom to work ,live and make a life of your own and not worry about carrying the weight of the lazy and greedy.
Again this is just a vent and not directecd at the OP. as (he or she) was right..I read too deep into the original post. hope the child has a pretty smile and doesnt whistle while pronouncing words with an "S" in them
Im done now thanks
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 PM

The poor girl's accident aside, I have a new appreciation for your recently revealed passions
Mr. O!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, injuries, insurance, lines, onboard