Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2007, 09:06 AM

well it is 17 days away. fascination 4 day cruise! i am getting soo excited. i bought a new three piece suit and today i went out searching foe the perfect tie. i found it! it is yellow with navy blue palm trees! i am going to look sooo sharppy! i cant wait for formal night to eat filet mignon and lobsters. chocolate melting cake for desert and then watch the show. the weather in philly has been terrible lately and i cant wait to go to the caribbean to finally see some sunshine! i am going to start packing today! i am going to take my wife shopping tonight to get her a new dress to wear on the cruise. this is the first time we have cruise together just me and her and i cant wait to just have a nice relaxing time on the boat. we usually always try to get off the boat first and do as much as we can in port but this time i dont think we are even going to get off in key west since we were just there in january. i cant wait to find out what goes on onboard while in port! can you tell i am excited! wow 17 days can't come soon enough!
fascination-5/07
miracle-10/07
Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

Hi cruiseocd. Have a warm chocolate melting cake every night in my honor. Enjoy a relaxing cruise. You're leaving just in time for spring to start... finally. A'ndrea
Old 04-19-2007, 09:47 AM

I share your excitement and wish I were going with y'all. It would be great to be in warm weather, sunny or not, as long as it was warm. The weather here has been cruddy as well, but they keep promising it is going to warm up this weekend. Have a rum punch for me and bon voyage
Old 04-19-2007, 09:50 AM

I share your excitement. I feel the same way before every cruise. Try the chilled Cream of Zuchini soup. It is surprisingly unbelievably good! If they are still doing the same 2 shows, they are both excellent!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:58 AM

steve
what are the shows? when did you go on the fascination? did you do the key west / calica itinerary? when was formal night? were there good comedians? how bout the sing along bar--was the piano player good and was it a younger/older crowd? who was the cd? was the boat in good condition? was the boat rocky? sorry for all the ?s but i am really excited!
fascination-5/07
miracle-10/07
Old 04-19-2007, 10:13 AM

Hi cruiseocd
Sounds like you are going to have a blast, I bet this will be your best cruise yet since you and your wife will have some romantic time just to yourselves! I noticed that you were on the Celebration on Jan. of this year. My DH and I are going on the Celebration to the Bahamas in June, can you tell me about the ship and what to do on it, about the shows, comedians, cd, and the crowd, young/older, food, and anything else you can?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:34 AM

snoopgirl
the celebration was fantastic! she is an older and definitely smaller ship but the crew was great! the smaller ships are sometimes much more intimate. the comedy show with dean gaines was hilarios both the family show and especially the late night show. the country show was really fun. the ships passengers were a older 50+ for the most part and a very southern concentration! i do not mean to offend but i am 31 and a true yankee! the people were very fun though! the piano sing along bar was usually packed with a 60+ crowd and the piano player/singer was also of that age range so he really played to them. the cruise director was trevor block. i have been on two consectutive cruises with him. he is fun but i had heard most of his material already six months prior. the ports were nassau and key west. they were both georgeous! we traveled with a 7 seven year old and he said that he liked c`ruising even better than disney! the crew really treated him great! the band was a country band so i did not care for them but there was always something to do or see. the weather was just ok. the last sea day was reallyt bad weather and the seas were rough! this is the only time that you really knew that you were on a smaller ship! all in all i had a blast and would do a small ship again but i think i do prefer a larger ship! have great time and remember the cruise is what you make of it so make it a great vacation!
fascination-5/07
miracle-10/07
Old 04-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Ok let me try and answer all yor questions. I've never been on Fascination but I HAVE been on Fantasy, Inspiration, and Sensation, which are all basically the same. One of the shows is called something like "Living in America" and it's a history of American music. I forget the other show's name. You can never tell which commedian you'll get.. most are pretty good. I find the piano bars depend on who the player is...the more personality the better time you have. Who was the cd on Inspiration when you went...I can't remember mine.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:48 AM

thanx steve i appreciate the info!
fascination-5/07
miracle-10/07

Closed Thread

Tags
block, trevor