Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   wine packages?? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/8008-wine-packages.html)

lifeisgd 11-17-2010 03:22 PM

Does anyone know what has happened to the wine packages that were offered by carnival in the past? I went in to check on an update/changes on their lists as we leave next weekend and found no listing at all for the discounted packages. In the past it was quite a savings on buying 5 bottles and allowed you to choose from an assortment. Definitely disappointed if they have stopped this as it was certainly something we enjoyed. If anyone knows please let me know

Dave 11-17-2010 04:20 PM

They don't sell the wine packages online. You can buy it on the ship. For a 7-night cruise you get 5 bottles. This is what I have from our 7 night cruise on the Elation in July.

Basic Wine Package - $109.25 (with 15% tip added in each price I list)

Choices: Leonardini Spumanti, Woodbridge White Zinfandel, Terre Palladiane Pinot Grigio, Santa Carolina Sauvignon Blanc, Santa Carolina Chardonnay, Santa Carolina Merlot, Woodbridge Zinfandel, or Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon.

Deluxe Wine Package - $126.50.

Korbel Brut, Beringer White Zinfandel, Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay, Wente Vineyard Morning Fog Chardonnay, Folonari Pinot Grigio, Brancott Sauvignon Blanc, Alban St. Pré Vouvray, Rex Goliath Pinot Noir, McGuigan Merlot
Black Opal Shiraz, or Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon.

Premium Wine Package - $184.00

Domaine Chandon Brut, Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio, Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc, LaBoure-Roi Pouilly-Fuisse, Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay, Jekel Pinot Noir, Kendall Jackson Merlot, Wolf Blass President Select Shiraz, Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon, or Castillo D’Albola Chianti Classico Reserva.

Keep in mind this was a few months ago and also the choices may have changed, although I doubt by much if any.

PC GUY 11-17-2010 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave:
They don't sell the wine packages online. You can buy it on the ship. For a 7-night cruise you get 5 bottles. This is what I have from our 7 night cruise on the Elation in July.

Basic Wine Package - $109.25 (with 15% tip added in each price I list)

Choices: Leonardini Spumanti, Woodbridge White Zinfandel, Terre Palladiane Pinot Grigio, Santa Carolina Sauvignon Blanc, Santa Carolina Chardonnay, Santa Carolina Merlot, Woodbridge Zinfandel, or Santa Carolina Cabernet Sauvignon.

Deluxe Wine Package - $126.50.

Korbel Brut, Beringer White Zinfandel, Robert Mondavi Private Selection Chardonnay, Wente Vineyard Morning Fog Chardonnay, Folonari Pinot Grigio, Brancott Sauvignon Blanc, Alban St. Pré Vouvray, Rex Goliath Pinot Noir, McGuigan Merlot
Black Opal Shiraz, or Fetzer Cabernet Sauvignon.

Premium Wine Package - $184.00

Domaine Chandon Brut, Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio, Robert Mondavi Fume Blanc, LaBoure-Roi Pouilly-Fuisse, Kendall Jackson Grand Reserve Chardonnay, Jekel Pinot Noir, Kendall Jackson Merlot, Wolf Blass President Select Shiraz, Sebastiani Cabernet Sauvignon, or Castillo D’Albola Chianti Classico Reserva.

Keep in mind this was a few months ago and also the choices may have changed, although I doubt by much if any.
Thanks for the info Dave. I am going to put in for the Shareholder Benefit ($100 credit to the sail and sign), the basic package looks good.

Bub 11-17-2010 05:48 PM

Am I reading this right, for $109.25, we can purchase 5 bottles? I assume this is all to be consumed in the dining room? Where do you buy this? Can you do it when boarding?

B

Dave 11-17-2010 05:58 PM

Bub,

This is dining room service only and depending on the ship they will have stations set up to order it, or you can do it on the first night at dinner with your waiter. I recall getting "the sales pitch" from our waiter on the Elation on that 1st night.

Dwayne 11-17-2010 06:25 PM

Yes, they still have the "Cruise the Vineyard" wine packages. It's just not on their web site any longer that I have seen lately. As Dave noted they should have stations set up, or you can go to the Formalities Shop to inquire, or your dining room server.

Bub 11-18-2010 04:53 PM

Thanks guys,
Will be checking this out once on board.

B

Dwayne 11-18-2010 07:16 PM

Hey Bub, I am getting conflicting answers about this now as far as pre-ordering. Maybe they have changed the program or something. I've read that some folks have pre-ordered this from the Bon Voyage Dept. and had the tickets delivered to the cabin. You might can give them a call and ask. The number is 800-522-7648 during business hours. If you call, please post back with what they say.

Bub 11-20-2010 07:25 AM

Thanks Dwayne,
I will call next week and let you know what I find out. I have already purchased 2 bottles from Bon Voyage dept. as a Christmas gift for hubby. 5 more would be perfect!.

B