Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 08:09 AM

Hello,

Could someone please let me know the first year that Carnival began their cruises to Alaska.

We sailed the Tropicale in July of 1981 from Vancouver round trip to Alaska. The Tropicale was new and Carnival chartered the Tropicale to HAL, to replace HAL's Prisendam that had caught fire in 1980. HAL needed a replacement for the 1981 Alaska cruise season.

I want to clear this up because we are sailing on HAL soon and I want the record straight that we are HAL past passengers.

Any help on this from Carnival historians, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaske, begin, carnival, cruise, cruises, start, tropicale, year