Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:31 AM

Hi everyone...my name is Amanda and I am a first time cruiser. We are taking Celebration from Jacksonville in May and I wanted to step in with open ears to see if anyone wants to send some pointers my way about that ship.

I may be a first time cruiser...but i'm quite the message board junkie..

can't wait to hear from ya'll.
Talk soon,
Amanda

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Hello Amanda, and welcome to cruise-chat.

Celebration is the second oldest Carnival ship behind the Holiday. They are essentially identical. Both offer a great cruise where you are more in contact with being on a ship than one often finds on the huge ships. I love the Holiday and will board her for the third time on March 17. A co-worker has been on the Celebration twice and he says it is great.

Celebration is full of fun and good food but not all the gimmicks. It is what cruising used to be.....kicked back, let-your-hair-down fun.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Hi Amanda,

I've never been on the Celebration but here is a link to the deck plan. If you look through that before the cruise you can get a head start on where everything is.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=CE

Enjoy the cruise!!
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 02-27-2007, 06:51 AM

My only tip that I can really give a newbi is; the week goes by so fast, do what ever you want, whenever you want and make the most of it. Stretch you comfort zone and always try new things and you'll have a great time. If your a drinker, DRINK, If your a gambler GAMBLE with reason, If your a Partier, PARTY!!, If you just love to sit on a deck chair, SLEEP there for the week. What ever it is that you do just do it.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 AM

Yes, Celebration is an older ship. It caters mostly to regional cruisers since being re-positioned to Jacksonville. I had a fun time on Her, great food and they have the best slot machines!

I cruised in 04 and at that time they did not open the aft lido bar. Was my only complaint.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:19 PM

Thanks you guys for all the replies....I am a drinker and a gambler and a partier and a rest on a deck chair all day kind of gal...I'm really laid back so i'm easy to please! Thanks for all of the suggestions...this board is great!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
amanda, carnival, imagination