Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2008, 07:47 PM

Just returned from my 1ST Cruise ever...aboard the Fascination. Absolutely LOVED it. Couldn't ask for more....just a litte disappointed in what they call "The Midnight Buffet"!!!!Not a whole lot of food at it....must have misunderstood what everyone was raving about..otherwise....I will definitely be cruising again..oh...by the way...my carry on bag when embarking had 3 bottles in it....no one said anything!!! Go figure!!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:07 PM

It seems many of the cruise lines are cutting back on the midnight buffets. It's very time consuming to put together the big gala buffets and much goes to waste.

Since it is against the rules we won't mention your booze smuggling.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:46 AM

I hear ya, bad call....p.s. Any big difference between Fascination and Destiny, thanks
Old 05-26-2008, 07:49 AM

Yes, They are two different classes of ships and the Destiny is much larger. There is a big difference around the pool area where there is tiered decks for sunbathing. More lounges/bars on Destiny for entertainment. The Destiny has been a popular ship sailing out of San Juan. It will be changing to Miami to sail shorter cruises.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:57 PM

Sandralmb,

While you were on the Fascination did you notice a spa on board? We are going in October and have two days out at sea - I would love to surprise my husband and get a massage for couples.

How was the food? What was your itenary - we are going to Key West and then Nassau. Was there a lot to do in Key West? How about Nassau? My daughter is getting married on board and we probably would not have chosen this cruise being that my husband has had skin cancer and cannot be outside by a beach.

Thanks for your information.

Lizzy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-27-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LizzyjaneFromGA:
Sandralmb,

While you were on the Fascination did you notice a spa on board? We are going in October and have two days out at sea - I would love to surprise my husband and get a massage for couples. Lizzy
Yes, the Fascination has a Spa. If you are not in a hurry, they put the Spa services on "special" later in the cruise.

Dwayne
Old 05-28-2008, 06:20 AM

Welcome back Sandralamb, glad to hear you had a great time! It's hard not to become addicted Normally, there is one gala buffet, but there was so much food going to waste that it's not like it used to be. Still great for taking pictures. The ice sculptures and food carvings are amazing. I don't know if you noticed them in the buffets as well, but we've seen some incredible sculptures out of bread. Can't wait to see what you select for your next adventure!

Closed Thread

Tags
bigger, buffet, carnival, cruise, destiny, fascination, fasicination, pictures, review, ship, shipmidnight