Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 PM

We are finally booked on the Feb 22 to Bahamas. I have never been on a cruise so hopefully we will have a ball. Are there any recommendations

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 01-19-2007, 09:24 PM

If you're going to Nassau, my personal favorite was taking the water taxi across to Paradise Island ($3 per person), walk to Atlantis from where the boat drops you off & do the tour of The Dig (guide is included in ticket prices, around $25 for adults). After the tour you can wander around a lot of the grounds, (not the pools). We went down to the beach, and did parasailing out there for $45 per person. (Those who want to ride along with the ones who were parasailing were only $5 each to ride in the boat)

From Atlantis we got a cab for $4 each and it took us to the Queen's Staircase, we walked up that to the water tower/fort & you can get a decent view of the ships from the top of the fort. We then took another cab over to the Pirate's Museum and then we walked to the straw market.

If you go to Freeport, you can shop or do beach stuff there. We walked around the Lucaya Marketplace and then walked through some hotel lobby across the street from there to get to the beach. (A local told us to do that haha!!) You can do the water trampoline, banana boat, also parasailing there. We just enjoyed the beach for a bit before going back to the ship.

Hope this is helpful. I did those ports on Fantasy last Feb., but I was on Elation in Sept and loved it! If you get Mr Fernandez for your stateroom attendant tell him his goofy 911 girls from Florida say hi!! He will remember us as the ones who collected our towel animals He was wonderful, you would be lucky to have him take care of you!! Our head waiter & assistant were excellent too, but unfortunately I don't remember their names.
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Carnival Victory, CCL 1-28-07
Sovereign of the Seas, Royal Caribbean, 9-24-07
Old 01-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Thank you so much for informing me of things. I am new to everything so I am excited but nervous. I have been a little dissapointed to see the negativity about Freeport. It has shot all my expectations down before even leaving. I see them talking about it being dirty and industrial like. I am coming from MD and it's cold........ here so I do need a vac

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 01-19-2007, 10:17 PM

Where in MD? All of my kids were born in Salisbury.

Freeport looks like a typical port AT the port. You need to take a cab to get to the areas I mentioned, and the beach there is beautiful. I'm not sure how much has grown back since I was there a year ago, but you could really see the hurricane damage there in the trees---they looked like sticks. BUT there are parts of Florida that still look like that (I live near where Charley hit, my mom's house had $50,000 in damage & the neighborhood is still recovering!) Just enjoy yourself & the warm weather!! Freeport wasn't a waste of time for us, it's what you make of it
Elation, CCL 9-24-06
Old 01-20-2007, 03:51 AM

Sorry for the late response I fell asleep We are in Waldorf, MD. I think Salisbury is a little ways from us but yes I know where that's at. I will try and make the best of this and have an open mind to everything. What type of shopping is best there? I mean like jewelry, clothes, perfume etc.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 01-20-2007, 08:55 AM

we loved freeport as stated the beach is really nice there, do your shopping and check out the shore excursions,my husband was happy it was the one place we got sea salt to bring home.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:01 PM

The only thing I wanted to buy there was this really nice looking watch by Fossil. (I'm not a big spender on things for myself!!) A friend I was with said I could get one cheaper at the Fossil outlet in Orlando, which we had to drive through on our way home, so I didn't buy it. It wasn't cheaper AND they didn't have the one I wanted. So my only advice is if you see something you REALLY like, don't leave without it
Elation, CCL 9-24-06

Closed Thread