Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Hi, I'm so glad to find this site as this is our first cruise! I have two questions. Does anyone have information about the Pride?

Also, what do you recommend as far as excursions? I have read that it may be more cost-effective to do our own thing. We have all day in the Bahamas the one day and the other day until 2pm in Freeport. We have a family of 5, the kids' ages are 14, 16, 18.

As a side point, we are travelling out of Baltimore over Christmas and I am nervous about the weather and the possible choppy waters. :/

Thanks for any advice!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:40 PM

we did Nassau on our own, felt very safe. But stay off of the water taxis. they are an accident waiting to happen.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Thank you! I guess I should have clarified--we are in Nassau one day and Freeport the other. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:45 PM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

The Pride is my favorite ship. Have not sailed out of Baltimore though. For Nassau I can highly recommend Blue Lagoon Island for a do it yourself excursion. I don't know what the water temps would be in December though. They also have the dolphin and sea lion encounters.

macmom111 makes an excellent point and gives sage advice about avoiding the water taxis in Nassau. I was just there 2 weeks ago, and they looked more "rickety" than before. These are the little "barges" outside the Nassau terminal offering rides over to Paradise Island/Atlantis. If you go over, just take a regular taxi for $4 per person and be safe!

Closed Thread

Tags
bahama, bahamas, carnival, cost, cruise, day, excursions, excurstions, line, nassau, port, pride, reviews, safe, taxi