Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM

Just wondering if anyone has any interesting facts in regards to the Carnival Pride Cruise Ship for us, we are excited to be going October of this year. We have never been on a 7 day before & we port in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan & Cabo San Lucas. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM

You should go on this cruise ship through that course you mentioned. I've been on 28 carnival ships and thought the pride was one of the best. It is built with beautiful artwork, longer and thinner. And Cabo St. Lucas was so beautiful. We really enjoyed snorkeling there off of a sail boat.
Cassandra
Old 08-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Banned

Cruise'n 4 Life,
Hi and welcome. I cruised on Pride in February. She's beautiful.

Pride is the prototype ship as a result of a cruise survey that was done, asking cruisers what they look for/want/need in a cruise ship.

She's perfect. They've thought of everything.

Aesthetically pleasing, inside and out.

David's Supper Club is outstanding. There is only one dining room on board Pride and it's The Normandie. Very opulent. Two floors.

The waterslide is in the back of the ship, located away from the adult pools.

If you would like to read more on thoughts and reviews of Pride, look under Ports of Call Chat -- Mexican Riviera on the Pride.

If you'd like further info. please feel free to p.m. me and I will help you if I can.

A'ndrea
Old 08-02-2007, 08:58 PM

I board the Pride this Sunday. As soon as I get back I'll start working on my review! I've heard ONLY wonderful things so far, and I know we're going to have a great time.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:39 PM

Thanks to all for the information. Sounds wonderful, I am more excited now! How much was David's supper club, we might need to try that.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:31 PM

I believe that is $30 per person. I am traveling with only my teenagers so I don't plan on going to Davids, so no review after. But many other people here have been and say it's wonderful!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

Cynthia is correct. They charge $30 per person for dinner. Reservations are required and it's delicious.

Better service, better cuts of meat, fresh floral arrangements, pianist, more refined, if you will.

The best way to describe it is a Morton's or Smith and Wollensky's, in my opinion.

A'ndrea
Old 08-28-2007, 06:36 PM

Hi, Were going on the Pride in October 07. Were very excited, but am a little concerned after reading cruise reviews about weather in October and changing destinations. Also, has anyone stayed at the Queen Mary. Is it worth staying there the night before the cruise? Thank you for your time. Debbie

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

Hi Debbie. Welcome. I was on Pride in February. The Queen Mary was booked so we stayed elsewhere. She is in desperate need of internal repairs. Holes in walls, stains on carpets, dingy.

Cruisers that stayed on her said it was dirty and they wasted their money.

If you're willing to take a chance, that's up to you. The hotels in Long Beach are beautiful if you're looking to stay close to Pride.

Carnival recommended The Hyatt to our family.

Good luck.

A'ndrea
Old 08-28-2007, 07:22 PM

Thankyou A'drea. I appreciate the information and you have made up our minds. Long Beach it is. Take care. Debbie

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
7day, beach, carnival, cruise, day, jan, january, long, mexican, mexico, october, pride, review, reviews, riviera, ship