Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2006, 12:35 PM

i went on the enchantment in june and am looking into going on another cruise in march... which one is better??? will i be dissapointed if i choose carnival??

thanks
Old 09-02-2006, 05:20 PM

bacqua13,

I have taken cruises on both ships in question.

First of all, there is no "bad choice" among them. They both offer a good, mainstream cruise product.

Personally, I did prefer "Carnival Liberty" for the simple reason that I found the food and service onboard to be better than onboard "Jewel of the Seas". Also, "Carnival Liberty" has larger standard cabins and the passenger flow is better IMHO because "Jewel of the Seas" lacks another stairtower.

"Jewel of the Seas" is the prettier ship from the outside and has a better connection to the sea as far as the interior spaces are concerned (lots of huge windows everywhere. But once outside, I prefered "Carnival Liberty's" unobstructed-view teakwood decks to "Jewel of the Seas'" Bolideck and Astroturf decks with most forward views "filtered" by glass. "Jewel of the Seas" has a superb accessible bow, however.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you will be making a good choice.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-02-2006, 09:44 PM

If you liked the Enchantment, you'll love the Jewel. You may want to take into consideration you get perks for being a repeat customer if you join the crown and anchor society.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:32 AM

also.. do you know which one has less movement?
Old 09-03-2006, 05:47 AM

bacqua13,

I don't think its possible to give a general reply to that. On both ships, in heavy seas, you will feel a similar amount of movement, while in calm seas, you likely won't.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bacqua13:
also.. do you know which one has less movement?
This type of question is too subjective for anyone to answer. What is "less movement" to me may not be so for you. And I'd have to be able to compare both ships, simultaneously, in identical sea and weather conditions. You just can't do it. No one can.

I agree with Raoul. Both ships will probably have similar rides in similar seas. I really wouldn't let this question determine which ship I took.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Dave56 is this the maiden voyage your are going on for the Liberty of the seas in 291 days?? And is there anyone else out there going on this ship when it set sails for the first outting??? Is the Liberty the sister ship to the Freedom??

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Sadly, my work schedule won't allow me to go on the maiden voyage of the Liberty Of The Seas - which is the May 19,2007 cruise. My cruise will be the 6th voyage of Liberty.

I was on the maiden voyage of the Freedom Of The Seas and made many friends, who are all going to be on the Liberty maiden cruise. They are known as the Pink Boa Society. And yes, the ladies wore pink boas on numerous occasions! I hope to hook back up with that group for the maiden voyage of the Genesis ship.

The Liberty is a Freedom-class vessel. There are supposed to be three ships of this class.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Now the Genisis is suppose to be even bigger than the Freedom from what I understand is this correct if so WOW!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave56:
Sadly, my work schedule won't allow me to go on the maiden voyage of the Liberty Of The Seas - which is the May 19,2007 cruise. My cruise will be the 6th voyage of Liberty.

I was on the maiden voyage of the Freedom Of The Seas and made many friends, who are all going to be on the Liberty maiden cruise. They are known as the Pink Boa Society. And yes, the ladies wore pink boas on numerous occasions! I hope to hook back up with that group for the maiden voyage of the Genesis ship.

The Liberty is a Freedom-class vessel. There are supposed to be three ships of this class.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnivel, cruise, freedom, jewel, liberty, line, movement, rccl, reviews, sea, seas, ship, voyage, vs