Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2006, 08:00 PM

We are going on the Imagination-Western Carribean 6/19/06 with our 2 children ages 21 and 18. I have quite a few questions...please help me out?
1-We have an oceanview on the Main deck. Is this a good or bad area.
2-motion sickness = remedies
3-excursions you recommend
4-formal night-how many and do Men need jackets?
5-what to do and don't do
Thanks
Old 04-06-2006, 03:33 AM

AS FAR AS SAFETY CHECK OUT THE CRUISE SAFETY RULES DOS AND DON'TS SITE WE THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD

WE ALSO BOTH USED THE PATCHES WORKED GREAT THEY DO SELL A BRACLET AT WALMART THAT I HEARD WORKS GODD ALSO

MEN DO NEED A SUIT OR TUX ON FORMAL NIGHT
Old 04-06-2006, 06:04 AM

Imagination was our first ship we ever cruised on. The ship is a little older but we had a great time.

After many other cruises - I have found that most people don't over dress for dinner. As long as you look nice. My husband just takes a dress shirt and tie. The suit or tux are just a pain to travel with. The other nights are just a button down shirt with dockers.
We have seen the totaly dressed up and the not so dressed up - We are some where in the middle. Which every way you will still get dinner.

The top deck of the ship is topless tanning also.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:45 AM

Re: seasickness - check with your doctor to make sure it won't interfere with anything else you may be on, but I get good results from Bonine (also same formula as non-drowsy Dramamine). Others have had good luck with ginger or a special wristband that works on a pressure point in the wrist, but those don't work for me. I don't see motion sickness as a big worry, as ships are really pretty stable, but if you are very susceptible, you should consider Bonine or a patch. Bonine is sold OTC and may have fewer side effects than the patch, as it's a milder medication.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:25 AM

Ginger is a great natural defense, and everyone I know that has used the patches has had great success. If you are in the middle of the ship you will have less motion, although with the stabilizers on board, unless the seas are really rough, you don't feel much. On a 7 day there is only one formal night, a nice cocktail dress and a dinner jacket with a dress shirt and tie will be fine. The other nights, polos or button down shirts with nice slacks or dockers and sun dresses, pants with a nice top, are fine. They don't allow shorts or t-shirts in the dining room, but you can always do the buffet. You didn't mention your ports, but if you go to Grand Cayman, Stingray City snorkel is fun as well as there are a couple of wrecks to snorkel on, seven mile beach is beautiful. Ocho Rios-Dunns River Falls is fun, Cozumel-Xel Ha (sp?) is a wonderful snorkel. DO enjoy yourselves, DONT contact work. Have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:28 AM

PHILLY CRUISER

REALLY DEPENDS FORMAL NIGHT ON OUR LAST CRUISE I DRESSED IN A GOWN AND MY HUSBAND HAD A NICE SUIT ON WE HAD OUR PICTURES TAKEN ON THAT NIGHT AND WE LOVED THEM THEY TURNED OUT SO NICE OUR KIDS JUST LOVED THE PICTURE OF US WHEN WE GOT HOME SO ITS REALLY UP TO YOU AND IT WAS NO HASSLE PACKING THE CLOTHES FOR US
Old 04-06-2006, 10:30 AM

ALSO MY HUSBAND TAKES MEDICATION BUT THE PATCHES WORKED REALLY WELL FOR BOTH OF US NO SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL I GET SEASICK BAD BUT THE CRUISE WENT GREAT NO PROBLEMS AT ALL
Old 04-06-2006, 09:39 PM

was anyone on imagination during 3/27-3/31?
if so did u get the travelog dvd?

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, check, cruise, donts, dos, formal, imagination, jacket, men, night, safety