Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 03:47 PM

Hey. What a website!! I have been reading all the posts. Wow....Anyone cruise lately on Ecstasy? We are wondering about Progresso. I'm not hearing very good things about it. Anyone lately go there?
Does anyone have any hints for a wonderful cruise? It will be my husband and my first cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Were so excited. I want everything to be be WONDERFUL!!!
Old 10-02-2006, 07:34 AM

Sherri, Read some of my other postings on Progresso. I asked the same questions you are, and got some really helpful answers. Dave56 sent me to a website about Progreso, that was very helpful. I also got other responses that helped change my mind about that port. Let me know if you find the answers you are looking for.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:28 PM

I don't know anything about Progresso. However my advice to you would be that a cruise is whatever you make of it. You here all the time people complaining about how horriable it was. My guess is that this in not the only part of their life that has cause for complaints (granted there are some things however few and far between) I have personally sailed on 4 carnival cruises and have always had a great time. Ya some things are cheesy however there is always something that we love to do going on. Value for the money you can't beat it. My top five suggestions are:

1)get a balcony if you can they really are worth the extra money
2)If you like two things on the dinner menu get them both. Get the later dinner seating it allows you to spend alot more time in port and the 6:00 one has alot more families.
3)The week goes by very fast, so what ever you want to do just do it. (If want to go streeking do it late at night. Just Kidding)
4)Get off the ship before the crowds and on before the crowd. before 9:00am and 1.0 hr before the ship sets sail (as a side note if you are looking for some cheeper prices don't buy anything until about 2 hrs before the ship sets sail. The merchants jack up there prices when the ships are in port so many times if they have not made there quota for the day, they are willing to do more for you) We do our excursions in the morning and either go shopping in the afternoon or hit a beach and stop by the shops on our way back to the ship.
5) take lots of pictures there great to look back on when you get home.

Let me know if you have any more questions
Old 10-06-2006, 03:21 PM

Have your picture taken at every chance. I fought my wife on this on our first cruise (I lost). Since then I stand and smile as many times as possible because you don't have to buy the pictures if you don't want to but it's fun looking at your shots. We have a couple very nice ones of us dressed up for formal night. I never dress up so those kind of pictures are rare. We skipped formal night on our first cruise but felt like we missed out so have gone to them since.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:24 PM

Unless you want to meet people request a table for two as soon as you board. My wife and I went to the specialty resturant on the Miracle last month and it is awesome for a special dinner for two. We started taking cruises for our anniversary in Sept. This year we hope to go on 4
Old 10-06-2006, 03:32 PM

Thank you all. I have gotten so much advise. I feel better prepared. I'm so excited.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruiser, cruizer, ecstazy, oct