Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Banned

Did anyone hear about a passenger missing off a Carnival ship? It was a ship out of Miami, but I did not hear the whole report. Tom
Old 09-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Here is a link to the story
http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_254111638.html
Old 09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Banned

SanDee
Thanks for the link. I only heard part of the story. Tom
Old 09-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Banned

i heard a blurb on cnn that according to cruise line reports 23 people have gone missing between 2003-2005, they claim that is a small percentage overall, but more than one is too many for me...they never seem to talk much about thier mistakes.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:59 PM

I heard it was 24, and not sure of the time frame. And included all cruise lines. I am not sure how this is a mistake of the cruise lines.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:24 AM

Cruise lines Mistake? how?

Well it is a great place to get rid of someone and have a decent chance of getting away with it.
or for that matter doing yourself in.
just as the Grand canyon is there are more "accident's" at the grand canyon than there is on cruise ships. I just hope (in this politicly correct world we are becoming) they don't start building a safty fence around the Grand Canyon or safty nets around the cruise ships.

"Hey Margret Just Back up A little so I can get you in the Picture better"

Peterson Cruise line's....May I help you?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

i'm sorry ..not their mistake...unless it was slick deck to someone they served too many drinks..but i notice you only see one small mention of most cruise incidents, usually at 3am on cnn but things like running into sandbars, (heard about here) or rougue waves (princess was nailed), or steering malfunction (the carribean princess, i believe, was sailing full out when it suddenly went sideways) it got a little more airtime because of some passenger-shot video which by some ships contracts would be unairable.
I wonder how much the cruise companies pay the media to keep the "love boat" image intack.
I got a touch of conspiricy theory on that post HEH HEH
Old 09-14-2006, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wise2u:
i'm sorry ..not their mistake...unless it was slick deck to someone they served too many drinks..but i notice you only see one small mention of most cruise incidents, usually at 3am on cnn but things like running into sandbars, (heard about here) or rougue waves (princess was nailed), or steering malfunction (the carribean princess, i believe, was sailing full out when it suddenly went sideways) it got a little more airtime because of some passenger-shot video which by some ships contracts would be unairable.
I wonder how much the cruise companies pay the media to keep the "love boat" image intack.
I got a touch of conspiricy theory on that post HEH HEH
Princess was nailed by a rougue wave? You mean NCL Dawn in May 2005? The courts just threw that class action suit out of court. The cruise line was cleared of any wrong doing. It was the Crown Princess that listed in August, yes, that was determined to be human error (an over correction). The media blew that one out of proportion with their interviews of finding the most hysterical inexperienced cruiser, as if she was on the Titantic, or Poseidon. The ship didn't list even close to what most reports were saying. The cruise lines pay the media??? Hardly!! It's just the opposite. Whenever, anything in the cruise industry happens the media blows it clear out of proportion making it sound much worse than it ever is. The Norwalk virus is a good example.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Banned

I agree they found the worst witness to talk about it...its like after the tornado they have got to stick a microphone in the face of the biggest redneck in the trailer park. The wave i was talking about had damage footage shown on tv with broken out windows on some very high decks, they claimed only a few staterooms were damaged but it looked a lot worse, it was early 2006 like jan,feb, march?? and i swore it was princess, but i could be wrong...like i said it was just a small story barely mentioned, but lord help you if your standing on deck when a 40-50 footer slams a ship.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:34 PM

Not trying to be funny about someone missing. But if a 50 ft. wave hit on some of the new ships with low riding Balconies. I want not want to be on the bottom with my door "Bungee'd" open taking a nap.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, missing, persons