Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 04:55 AM
Banned

Just letting you know one of the "sources" is Roger.

http://www.f-cca.com/pages/profiles/roger.html
Old 02-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MrOctober:

Darn I sure am going to miss the Karaoke
Just have to add my karaoke system to the list of stuff "Cleopatra" piles on her barge~~~~!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:51 AM

r if the rumour about karaoke is true, that would be the biggest devastation of all!

I have only been on one cruise and the Karaoke was a huge disappointment. I love Karaoke, but this was just over run with 8-12 year old kids. They would grab the play lists and not let anyone else have them. They were obnoxious when they were on the stage and extremely rude to others when they were singing. When we complained to Carnival staff they said there was really nothing else for kids that age to do, so they let them have their fun. It became a place that we avoided like the plague. We walked by it each day several times on the 7 day cruise and it was always this way. I won't miss it at all.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:07 AM

I really don't like this kid bashing. In my opinion kids are the reflection of their parents and it is not the Cruise lines responsibility to look after the kids. But kids are part of our society and they have the same right to be on board as everyone else. I'll be taking my kids, but trust me, they won't be running around wild without me knowing it.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 02-23-2007, 11:32 AM

Guess this did sound pretty negative towards kids. I really was more disgusted with the carnival staff that didn't reign it in then I was at the kids who were just doing what kids do if left to their own devices. Yes kids have the same rights as adults but they should also be held to the same standards of behavior if adults had done what they were doing I would have been just as unhappy.
Old 02-23-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dianna Waite:
Guess this did sound pretty negative towards kids. I really was more disgusted with the carnival staff that didn't reign it in then I was at the kids who were just doing what kids do if left to their own devices. Yes kids have the same rights as adults but they should also be held to the same standards of behavior if adults had done what they were doing I would have been just as unhappy.
In general i agree with you, i believe the cruise line should have intervened and located the parents.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 02-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
r if the rumour about karaoke is true, that would be the biggest devastation of all!

I have only been on one cruise and the Karaoke was a huge disappointment. I love Karaoke, but this was just over run with 8-12 year old kids. They would grab the play lists and not let anyone else have them. They were obnoxious when they were on the stage and extremely rude to others when they were singing. When we complained to Carnival staff they said there was really nothing else for kids that age to do, so they let them have their fun. It became a place that we avoided like the plague. We walked by it each day several times on the 7 day cruise and it was always this way. I won't miss it at all.
Mr. October is just kidding about the karaoke. no worries!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Believe me, the kid situation started that way on one cruise and we fixed it. The Caper clearly said "ADULT KARAOKE" and by george, we made sure it stayed adult. The karaoke host was greatly relieved because it took the pressure off of her.

This is not anything "negative" about children, but I certainly do not pay $1,000's of dollars for a vacation to babysit someone else's kids.

Plain and simple....
Old 02-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Although this was the first thread about this topic, most of it's messages have little to do with the topless issue. Therefore in the interest of having as few threads about the same subject as possible, I am going to close this one. Please continue the discussion here.

Closed Thread

Tags
2007, 22, carnival, cruise, february, fl, florida, gainesville, karaoke, karoake, mr, mroctober, mroctobergainesville2cfl, ny, october, ors, ru, topless