Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005, 04:31 PM

Anyone going to be on the ship this week? This will be my second time on this ship. Just curious how efficient it will be leaving out of Galveston this time?? Guess I will find out.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:47 PM

I will be on this cruise. This is our 2nd cruise out of Galveston. Last year we sailed the Elation on the same week, We had a blast!! I was booked on the Elation again and found out 2 weeks ago our ship had been cancelled. So now, I am paying $900 more, (I do get a $400 OB credit) for the same OV room I would have had on the Elation. The only difference is that now I am on a little higher deck! Not worth the money, but all they had left. On that note, I am excited about the cruise. We are looking into excursions now. Are you with a family? My husband and I are taking our 8 and 5 yr old sons. This will be their second cruise. They absolutely love Camp Carnival. They would spend their day and night there if we let them.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:18 PM

Hi Julie,
I'm sorry to hear your ship was cancelled and you had to pay more. I love this ship and left on it this time last year from New Orleans. I didn't get to see Grand Caymans because of a hurricane so that is why I am going on the exact same cruise this time. I took my kids last year.. they were 13 & 16 then and they loved it also. They aren't going this time with my husband and me. I am going with a group of 17, all adults. I will be in an 8c balcony. I haven't gotten my tickets yet.. I guess due to the change in ports, but they are cutting it really close if you ask me. Do you have yours? Hope you all have fun!!!! We are going to Sunset Beach Resort in Jamaica. If you need more info just ask.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:23 AM

No, we have not got our new documents yet. I was told they should arrive sometime this week. If not, no big deal they say! We are on deck 11 in the family stateroom. There is supposed to be a floor to ceiling window in our cabin. I hope it is worth the extra money! That is great you get a trip w/o kids. You should "live it up" and have a great time. As far as Jamaica, I have considered the Sunset Beach all-inclusive. My husband and I may actually go check out Margaritaville and see what that is like, and do a little shopping. I want to find some Blue Mountain coffee. We are leaving the kids in Camp while in Jamaica. They will come with us at the other ports. Hopefully we can meet up on the ship. What are you doing at the other stops? I think we are going to rent a Jeep in Grand Cayman, and do the all inclusive beach day in Cozumel. We swam with the dolphins last year and that was a blast! Are you doing the extra night in Galveston the day before?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:14 PM

I think we are shopping and maybe going to the beaches in Cozumel or the Chakanaub (sp) National park. There is also 7 mile Beach I think in GC that we may try. Not sure what others are doing in our group either. Now I am worried about even going out of Galveston.... not sure if Rita is going to hit or what????? Not sure when I will get in the night before as we are driving from Illinois. We are staying in Webster, TX. I couldn't find any hotels in Galveston for Oct 1. It is 30 miles from Galveston.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:32 PM

We are watching the hurricane as well. If this cruise gets cancelled, I will take it as a blessing in disguise. Our original ship the Elation was cancelled 3 weeks ago, and we just booked this one right after. Right now, they are forecasting the hurricane to hit anywhere between Brownsville and Galveston! As far as hotels go, we booked back in July at the Moody Gardens. I got lucky. There is a motorcycle rally going on that weekend in Galveston. That is why all the hotels are booked. When we go to Cozumel, we are doing the all day Playa Sol Beach Day. The all incl is $41 a person on shore trips.com. On the boat, they are charging like $71 a person for the same trip. I heard the place is a little crowded, but I think my kids will love it, and hubby and I will enjoy the drinks and food. By the way, I got my travel docs today!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 03:26 PM

I am with you.. I will take it as a blessing if it gets cancelled and just know that it wasn't meant to be at this time. Thanks for the info on the bike rally... I knew there had to be something... I got my docs on the 19th also and had already sent my reply to you. Let's keep ourfingers crossed and in touch concerning the hurricane.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:49 PM

slucca,

Just an FYI I just found out. The bike rally in Galveston has been postponed, so if you are still wanting a hotel room in Galveston, you can probably find one now. I am staying at Moody Gardens Hotel which I hear is nice. They will let you keep your car there all week, and shuttle you to and from the terminal. Just thought you would like to know..I hope our cruise doesn't get cancelled. I know the one leaving Sunday will be affected. As of right now, there is mandatory evacuations, and they are not letting anyone come in town this weekend!

Closed Thread

Tags
cancelled, cruise