Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2006, 08:30 PM

Our flight from Miami was changed to 8 pm. Last cruise we got up at the crack of dawn to only sit around and wait for hours to get off the ship. Does anyone know how late we can possibly stay in our room?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:07 AM

What I have been doing the last several cruises is ask my Steward if is alright he clean my cabin last and let me sleep in a little and to knock in time for me to jump in the shower. 2 of the last 3 cruises they have done that and usually wake me around 9 or a little after. By the time I walk out is usually close to 10 and the ship is usually cleared by customs and color called by then. They have several cabins to clean and if you ask them nicely to do yours last it goes a long way. I had a real nice steward last year on Glory, he was older and had been with the company a long time. He let me sleep in way past 9, and on Glory they have mini fridges filled with liqour beer and sodas you can buy, they keep them locked unless you want the key. This Man was so nice he cleared the top shelf so I could chill my smuggled beer. He said it melted the ice too fast when he would get it from under my bed to put on ice. I realize this is way off on a tangent..but it is to make a point. If you are lucky enough to get a really good Steward and you are nice to them, they will go out of their way to do extra for you..such as letting you sleep in on debarkation day and chilling your illegal beer. But in technical terms to the question, it seems to vary by ship and port. Sometimes they ask you to be in designated areas by 8 and others you can stay in cabin untill color called. I do feel for your situation, as Miami Airport is the last place I want to spend any time in. Just curious if you booked your post cruise flight through Carnival? If so maybe they would do something about an excursion or accomodation for such a late flight. Sorry I don't know for sure the exact rule.

Best to you,
IslandCruz
Old 07-11-2006, 07:00 AM

I know it sounds expensive, but you might consider renting a car. That way you don't have to worry about lugging you luggage around with you. Since 9/11, you have to keep it with you. There are some nice places to visit in Miami, Villa Vizcya, the Seaquarium, the Crandon Park Zoo, South Beach,Miami Museum of Science, etc. It beats hanging around the Miami airport for 8 hours, of course, beating your head against the wall would be better . Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:01 AM

Oops sorry, I misspelled Villa Vizcaya.

Closed Thread