Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leigh:
We are leaving in November for our cruise and I am getting lectures of concern from my friends & family they are questioning why I would even want to go on a cruise, they obviously have no idea!!!!
Safe sailing to all!
No disrespect, but your friends are very naive. Cruising becomes more and more popular every year. With all the new ships being added every year we are bound to hear of more incidents happening. Some incidents are sadly true tragic accidents, some are due to foolishness, and some are those who have chosen a cruise ship to take their own life. These incidents are not unique to cruise ships. They happen at hotels and even the beautiful Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. Unfortunately, it is exactly how laws or procedures get changed. So your comment about "nets on the balcony's" might someday be a reality.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:52 PM

Carnival Conquest Suicide
I too have been trying to find out information on the 48 year old woman who committed suicide. I just found out today that a friend of mine, going all the way back to jr. high, died a tragic death on a cruise ship. I began to search the blogs and Google and finally ran into these posts. My heart is so saddened to find out she committed suicide. I work with Soldiers and their families and have had my share of standing with head bowed as a family grieved from their tragic loss. God help anyone who witnessed this event. Please don't condemn this woman with your judgments nor write about things that may not be true. There is so much pain at a time like this. Who knows who might happen upon your words - I DID. My prayers are with you all.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:22 AM

This is a terrible tragedy that took place, not only for this lady's family, but the passengers aboard the ship. What day of the 7-day cruise did this happen on? And my next question is, what does the ship do with the body? Does it have to end the cruise soon and head back to Galveston? How does this work? Anyone who was on the cruise, did this end your cruise soon or how was the ordeal taken care of?

Christy
Old 10-04-2006, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sftbwlchic430:
if anyone was on this cruise and knows any info on the death of the young lady that happened on september 30, 2006 please inform me... its such a tradgedy...
Old 10-04-2006, 07:43 AM

Pretty sure it happened on the last day heading back to Galveston but don't quote me on that. If you scroll up you will see a web-site that is helpful. As far as what they did with the body? I'm sure they have a morgue on board...something I don't like to think too much about.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 10-04-2006, 07:58 AM

My husband and i were on the conquest when this happen. it was our first cruise im shocked at all the rumors!!!!! i cried all day yesterday. my husband is in the national guard and has been active duty for 20 years.i will not name any names because at this time im hoping im wrong.....but we are pretty sure my husband new her (husband) which she was crusing with. and i met the young women while on the the cruise. they invited us to have dinner with them one night. and even took time out to research our photos from the the formal night's as you know if you have been on a cruise when your pics are taken you can go veiw them the next evening but there are alot, they went out of there way to find our pic we found a little note from them behind our one of our pics inviting us to come have some drinks that evening this was saturday the 29 my husband has been trying to find out if this indeed is the couple we know if i find anything new out i will post it for you guys! i know this post is long.but i want you to know we had a wonderful time on the cruise!!!! if this is the couple i just wished we would have went and spent some time with them but we were so caught up in our own excitement that being our first cruise and all...
Old 10-04-2006, 07:23 PM

Has Carnival released the name of the woman yet? There are so many rumors as to what actually happened, I don't know what to believe. Is it true she was trying to jump and her husband was trying to stop her, then someone thought he was fighting with her and pulled him away from her...and this is when she jumped? If this is true...it is tragic!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:47 AM

My husband and I were also on the ship when this happened and there were many speculations that this was not suicide because passengers had seen the couple fighting earlier in the cruise and security had detained the husband. I hope this is not the case. This was our 2nd cruise, we stilled enjoyed it immensely and will go again
Old 10-05-2006, 05:36 PM

CHLTC, my prayers are with you, and all of her family and friends. What a tragic loss, and what an obviously distraught woman to take her own life! I don't, and I'm sure others on this site don't mean to condemn her, I think we are all just curious as to what happened. Do we know for sure that she committed suicide and that she wasn't pushed over, or fell over accidently? We just want to get the facts. So, please don't judge us for trying to learn about her death.

I am truly sorry for your loss.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:19 PM

annies, I agree with what you are saying. We all would like to get the facts. I also agree with CHLTC that we must not condem as we DON'T know exactly what happened. What I can't understand is we are quick to get the bad news of someone falling, dying, etc. but there never seems to be any follow up. Like for instance girl found dead in her cabin, did she take the methodone or did boyfriend feed it to her, and what about poor George Smith. The scary thing is that there are so many incidents and they seem to be happening on a regular basis, could make a good TV series...."Murders on Board". So yes, we would like to know when stepping on board these big beautiful ships.....how safe are we? Is it really that easy to just... ooops I slipped into the big drink and never to be seen or heard of again? Or are these ships just being used as a passage way to commit suicide or murder. If so it is not fair to all those who respect these types of vacations and just want to relax & enjoy. A suggestion might be to install a few dozen security cameras on all decks even bringing in some armed security guards through the witching hours, might ease some peoples's minds plus this might scare some sense into these poor troubled people because it is these people who are ruining it for all those who love to cruise for the right reasons. Safe cruising to you all.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Closed Thread

Tags
accident, acedents, arnival, attack, carnival, commits, conquest, cruise, death, deaths, died, heart, jumped, leight, suicide, woman