Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 06:45 PM

if anyone was on this cruise and knows any info on the death of the young lady that happened on september 30, 2006 please inform me... its such a tradgedy...
Old 10-01-2006, 06:52 PM

Searched the internet tonight, no success. We were there, too.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:24 PM

this is all the info i have collected in the past five minutes from www.cruisecritic.com ...

[...]

Edit: Please note that links should be posted rather than lenghty quotes or copyrighted materials from other web sites as per our forum guidelines. Thanks. RF
Old 10-01-2006, 08:17 PM

We were in the room down the hall on deck 6, I do know that it took the med staff at least 10 minut. to get to the room that she fell on. she was still alive my husband was walking by when a woman was opening the door there was a lot of blood but she was moving. the woman that there was on a radio saying she had been calling 911 for 10 minut. and no one was answering. The med staff arived right after that. apx 30 minut. later a man with a camera came by.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:51 PM

thank you so much for keeping me informed. its such a tragedy that this happened on the cruise we all happened to be on. and so close to her being home. i really hope this was a tragic accident and this wasnt planned. this lady and her family will be in my prayers for a while. please keep me posted if anyone hears anything else. thanks.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Here is a link to some more information about this tragedy from the cruise-junkie website:
Woman falls to her death onboard Carnival Conquest: Sept. 30th 2006
Old 10-02-2006, 01:20 PM

HI guys, I work on the conquest and all I can say in respect for the victim and her family that this is still being investigated. The lady did not survive this tragic incident, in which we believe at this point in time was an accident.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:02 PM

I AGREE WITH DJ EDDY THIS WAS A TRAJIC INCIDENT AND I HAVE BEEN PRAYING EVERYDAY SINCE IT HAPPENED FOR HER FAMILY AND THE PEOPLE SHE WAS TRAVELING WITH. I REALLY DO HOPE THIS WAS NOTHING BUT AN ACCIDENT. AND THANK YOU DJ EDDY FOR INFORMING US OF EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON. I HAVE HEARD SO MANY DIFFERENT STORIES AND I AM NOT ONE TO BELIEVE HEAR SAY. BUT I WILL SAY I THANK CARNIVAL VERY MUCH FOR HOW THEY WENT ABOUT HANDLING THE SITUATION. THEY COULD NOT HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB. SO PLEASE DJ EDDY KNOW THAT THIS ONE INICIDENT WILL NOT KEEP ME FROM GOING ON ANOTHER CARNIVAL CRUISE.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:01 PM

I was on board the ship with a group and all that is known for sure at the moment is that the lady was 48 years old and her cabin was on deck 1 with her spouse. I feel that one should not speculate without the facts. To say that the crew took 10 minutes to arive is not consistent with the facts. The ship swerved and less than 60 seconds later the call went out naming the cabin. I have been a travel agent for 30 years and cruised on many ships and am very aware of how fast is the response. The husband could not have seen the lady on the balcony from just passing the door and don't forget the staff had collect equipment and to come from 0 Deck (infirmary) to 6 deck. To someone panicky that could seem to take forever.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:28 PM

What the hec is going on with all these "accidents". I feel sorry for the families who have lost their loved ones but how can this be the fault of a Cruise Line? If someone is going to take their own life how are they (the cruise lines)supposed to stop them? I guess soon we will be looking out our balconies through nets to catch those who decide to end it all. It is however a very scary feeling knowing that the possibility of losing a passenger is very likely. I have been reading up on all these "so called accidents/disappearances", I said to a friend, gee I wonder who fell off this week-end and sure enough there it was on the Carnival.... woman jumped to her death. We are leaving in November for our cruise and I am getting lectures of concern from my friends & family they are questioning why I would even want to go on a cruise, they obviously have no idea!!!!
Safe sailing to all!

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Closed Thread

Tags
accident, acedents, arnival, attack, carnival, commits, conquest, cruise, death, deaths, died, heart, jumped, leight, suicide, woman