Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2005, 03:33 PM

My GF and I are going with another couple and we all enjoy a few cocktails so I was thinking about bringing a plastic alcohol bottle on board rather than getting ripped off by the cruise line. Would I able to get away with this sort of thing?

Thanks-Patrick
Old 08-29-2005, 04:17 PM

BTW, We're going to bo on the Valor. Anyone know what beverages besides water are free? Thanks for your help-Patrick
Old 08-29-2005, 04:30 PM

I kept the little bottles of water they gave me on the flight, bought a bottle of Absolut in Galveston, filled the bottles, and then put them in my 11 year old's backpack. That was a nice touch, mainly done to freak out my mother- she noticed that he had all these bottles of "water" sticking in the mesh portion of his backpack as we were checking in...

I mixed the vodka with the free lemonade available all over the ship (Elation). Did the trick! I then bought a couple of drinks or wine at dinner if we were drinking then as well. At the end I hooked the cabin steward up with the left over bottles.

Hope this helps--

Carla

Oh, BTW: Lemonade, iced tea, fruit punch, coffee, hot chocolate are free all day and night. Apple juice, OJ and some other kind of juice are available in the AM- again, this was on the Elation, but I am sure it is the same throughout CCL.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:42 PM

I have carried alcohol aboard the ship many times and not been caught Ė but I do know others who have not only been caught but have had it taken away. (They will return it to you at the end of the cruise.) The best idea, as stated before, is to just kind of disguise it to bring it on Ė buying clear alcohols such as light rum or vodka are easy to put into water bottles then carry them on right in front of everyone looking.

I donít know if itís fact or not but it seems that buying at the first stop then bringing it on is easier than starting out with it at embarkation. I donít know anyone who has been caught doing it that way. (Just buying a bottle and not disguising it but still putting into a backpack or something Ė donít just walk up with it in your arms.) I have also bought cans of soda and carried them on the ship at the first stop where it is much cheaper than buying it by the can on the ship.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 08-29-2005, 04:49 PM

Thanks to both of you for your quick reply, that really helped. I appreciate it. Take care, Patrick
Old 09-08-2005, 09:52 AM

I dont travel on Carnival but easily bring wine on board several other lines. Its just not an issue.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:51 PM

a quick question... if i plan on bringing gin/rum/vodka in water bottles, and i am flying, would that be suspicious in any way, or something that you all would not advise?
Old 09-18-2005, 08:19 PM

Here's the plan: water bottles ala Carlalena with the hard stuff, and fine wine in a box in the luggage!!
Old 09-19-2005, 06:28 AM

jetta: I did the water bottle thing after the flight (that's where I got the mini water bottles). We were staying in a hotel the night before so that's where I bought and doled out my contraband.

I read a posting on another site where this woman was so paranoid about germs that not only did she wipe the whole cabin down with Lysol wipes and scrub the shower out upon her arrival, but she also brought BLEACH in her suitcase for the toilet bowl. She wanted to know if everyone approved. I told her that if the bleach leaked even a little she would look like a mental patient. That didn't go over well..

The point is that the image stayed with me and my fear was that I would reek like vodka for a week if the bottles opened. So I didn't fly with them.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlalena1:
The point is that the image stayed with me and my fear was that I would reek like vodka for a week if the bottles opened. So I didn't fly with them.
I sure would not fly with them in checked luggage - for that precise reason! Carry on - sure - once again, TSA cannot *open* your water bottle and sniff

If you do this, I recommend a 1 LT one with a snap open cap, and I would put a small bit of plastic wrap between the screw cap and te opening in the bottle.

Hmmmmm...sometimes I amaze myself! I think I will do this myself!!

(Although like Carla, we are staying the night and I think I will rig the contraband in the evening!)

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, board, bottle, bottles, bringing, caribbean, carnival, carry, check, conquest, cruise, easiest, put, royal, vodka, water