Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 12:20 AM

Hello all, I used to be a Carnival Vacation club sales associate on a certain ship** don't really want to say which one.

First off all, anyone who bought a package... well sorry but you were ripped off. It's all lies people! Points are at .25 cents, not .17

The $299 resort certificates are a joke! hahah seriously, YOU CANT USE THEM!

VIP perks are limited, honestly I don't even know what we did.. Debark was a bonus, but anyone could get off the same time if they requested it.... funny

We lied to people.. YES.. constantly, we were encouraged to do so. More sales = more money!

Here is the bottom line, if I did not sign up $40,000 a week in packages I could be fired the next week. Plus if I do not hit 40k I get no commission. Example, I produced $38k in packages, sorry NO COMM.

Do I feel bad for ripping so many NICE people off? Yeah, especially some. I really do.. I actually went out and partied with some of the guests i signed up. Or would sit down for hours and just chat. I guess it was hard for them to say NO to me.

I actually told a guest not to cancel it the second he got home.. he was a cool dude.

Another thing about the points, you can never use the exact amount that you have in the "bank" so you automatically lose!! I forget how many states cant even buy 'rental points' but it was a lot. So now your stuck with 1500 points, and of course you wont buy another package!

If you financed the friggin thing you're already screwed. Think about it! paying 15% interest on FUTURE VACATIONS!! or paying INTEREST ON NOTHING! ! ! ! you spread out vacations over a 3-5 year period. WHY PAY INTEREST ON NOTHING? too me this was the worst part of the package

And lets be honest, who has 5-10k sitting around to spend on this vacation package.

Some of the day to day lies in the pitch:

You get better chance of upgrades, NO
You get best price guaranteed, NOPE!
VIP benefits on all carnival corp ships, NOPE (only 6 ships it was sold on, NOW NONE)
Do our prices beat military discounts? hahha Hell no!
Were part of Carnival! NO WE ARENT! - I played on this feature! people feel secure with carnival

.... So many more, another big one being the use of exchanging points for cruises. I KNOW FOR FACT EVERY ASSOCIATE would LIE about this! If I or another sales person showed you the laptop with the points layout, we always picked an off season room, or different category.

I did very well for myself, I would produce anywhere from 30-80k a week in sales. Once I gained your trust via jokes... building rapport.. many many sales tactics. You were mine, i made the deal look like gold, any objection you had I would close.
My closing rate was around 60-70% very very high.

Those bottles of champagne cost .08 cents each by the way..

CVC is done for now, but another program is in the works by ICE, will even be bigger than before.

Ohh yes, forgot to mention the contract! PEOPLE! read everything! never sign anything unless you have taken due f'kin diligence! IT SAYS RIGHT IN THE CONTRACT, "anything the sales person has said cannot be considered the truth" or something along those lines... um i forget the page, but i would skip over it very fast Smile

I would have you sign the contract within 5 mins. thats 19 pages people! You people trust too much..

Sorry... but it was a job, i needed to make money. I was good at it.

Ciao !

ps. art auctions on ships are even worse! never buy any art.. i knew many art auctioneers, they told me many many stories. Art is overvalued on ships, one story... Some family bought 30k worth of art, came home and it was appraised at around 4-6k... if you can sell it!

So hope you haven't bought art as well.

Sorry...

Edit: Please continue in this existing thread on the topic. Thank you. RF

Old 07-16-2007, 01:19 AM

Thanks Chewy. Was that a confession?

Glad you found the light, and gave us a warning about the Art Auctions.

I have exhausted my thoughts on this topic.

Closed Thread

Tags
art, assiciates, benefits, bought, carnival, club, clubs, contract, cruise, druise, lines, points, price, sales, vacation, vip