Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2003, 10:43 AM

I can't find on Carnival's site where they keep their online documentation (embarkation forms/guest information forms; whatever they call them). Do they have it there somewhere??? Is it just me, or is Carnival's website not very good? I had a much easier time navigating RCL's site for our cruise last month. When we embarked, I didn't have much to fill out at all; I did it all online.

Tom
Old 05-09-2003, 10:43 AM

I can't find on Carnival's site where they keep their online documentation (embarkation forms/guest information forms; whatever they call them). Do they have it there somewhere??? Is it just me, or is Carnival's website not very good? I had a much easier time navigating RCL's site for our cruise last month. When we embarked, I didn't have much to fill out at all; I did it all online.

Tom
Old 05-09-2003, 12:41 PM

Carnival has been changing and updating their web site lately. Perhaps that may be why you are having some problems.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:33 PM

Carnival doesn't do theirs online. A little behind the times. We leave in two weeks and have traveled before with Carnival, plan to have paperwork when you get there. RCL is on top of everything and things I agree are really smooth. Guess with all the things I have found out lately since our last cruise with Carnival, this will be our last. Too bad! Also they don't have their shore excursions available to sign up on line. Seems to me that this is something that would avoid those long lines but then I am only a customer. What do I know! Hope you have a great trip.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:40 PM

Avid cruiser I agree online registration is great and being able to book tours in advance online is nice, however the one problem I have with booking tours online in advance is it does leave out people who do not have a computer.

I have taken advantage of online tour booking on other lines but I do always wonder how many people who do not use the computer are unable to take a tour they want because they were at a total disadvantage because they did not have computer access.

I do hope the cruise lines consider this and keep a certain amount of tour slots open for these people. JMHO
Old 05-11-2003, 09:11 PM

When you don't have a computer which I didn't until 2 years ago, I did pre-booking which you can't do on Carnival. They send you the same information that you get over the computer, and you just mail or fax it in. The only time I've been disappointed on shore excursions, was when we we did Carnival, and never again. Just did bookings 2 days ago for a British Isles cruise on the Celebrity Constellation July 19th. That info arrived almost a month ago, but couldn't get to it until now.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:50 PM

IMHO, I think it's better to have all options available. For people without a computer, it should be just as easy to sign up for a shore excursion over the phone. I don't think one medium or another is better in this case, since the market is becoming so diverse. It behooves the cruiselines to make more options available so that potential customers, no matter what age or tech level will be able to use the medium they are most comfortable with. I read a statistic recently that 40% of people are still not using the internet...that's a huge chunk of folks! This all said, you would think that Carnival would want to expedite the process with embarkation forms by posting them online. It baffles me why they won't do it. Heck, I'll offer to do it for them if they'll give me a couple of bucks!

Tom
Old 05-13-2003, 07:26 AM

Tom, I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, the cruise lines are not alone in trying to steer everyone possible toward doing things online. There seems to be a feeling among most travel suppliers (cruise lines, airlines, tour operators, etc.) that they can save tons of money by getting people to do everything online, as all those phone-in reservations agents and travel agents, etc. won't have to be paid anymore. However, though many are comfortable doing things by internet, as you said, many aren't. Hopefully those who aren't will speak up, and not simply give up trying to book vacations. There is room for every medium in this business!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, documentation, documents, line, online