Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Administrator

On our Elation cruise last month the only service problem was the dining room bar waiter. He was a mess. Our waiter had to hunt him down more than once to get our son his Coke. It was like we weren't even there. My son started getting a soda at a bar and bringing it with him.

Since this was the soda package there wasn't anything I could do about the tip. But I blistered the guy on the comment card.

Even our waiter just shook his head one night and said "what is that guy's problem?"
Old 08-15-2010, 09:34 AM
^^^^
That same thing happen to me in the Carnival Victory at the end of my cruise the waiter usually was the one bringing my soda to the table since the dining bar waiter was not doing her work what so ever. but it was a great cruise for me anyway.

I have never had complains in carnival cruise line the only regret in my cruising life is cruising on RCCL in The Adventure of the seas in 2006 the best staff but the worse cruise activities and food limitations I have ever seen, thats why I don't cruise with them anymore..
Old 08-15-2010, 02:59 PM

This is the reason we always sail on Princess ships as we are inform by our TA that Carnival is a fun ship and keep away from these if you do not like noise and loud parties, which we do not. So we have sailed on Princess 6 times and no issues, as of yet.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
...we are inform by our TA that Carnival is a fun ship and keep away from these if you do not like noise and loud parties...
I haven't found this to be the case on any of my three Carnival cruises, including a Caribbean cruise on Elation last month. True, this was the line's reputation years ago, yet there is little evidence of it today, at least on our cruises. As for loud or obnoxious neighbors... that can happen on any line.

Mary, let us know how Carnival responds. I agree that you have valid reasons to contact them.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:41 PM

woodden I am wondering why you visit a carnival cruise chat when you dont cruise on carnival.
I have cruise on 10 carnival cruises and never had a problem, but to say your T A said stay away because they are known as the fun ship is just plain ah strange.
Hope you dont go swimming in the oceans, I hear there are sharks that eat people.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:25 PM

Getting back to Mary's issue.... yes, its regrettable that you had a bad cruise, but like you said, they can happen.
I know they didn't seem like bug issues when they happened but for a waiter to treat you like that is NOT how they are trained. Whether you ordered it or not (or even if that is what he thought you ordered) he should have changed it without complaint. I have never had a waiter refuse to change something out if I didn't like the taste or even bring me another if I did. YES YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING to the maitre'd. He would have straighten it out right there. His job is to make sure you get outstanding service. If the waiter could not serve you to your satisfaction, then ask to be moved to a different table.

The problems with the room steward.. again, you should have gone to guest services and made a comment. Be nice about it, but if you don't let them know there is a problem, they can't correct it.

Waiting until the your back on land to send a letter to the corporate offices is too late to help. I'm not saying you shouldn't go ahead and write it, but next time (hopefully there won't be one) bring issues up as they happen. The crew will never be able to improve if they don't get the feedback. Removing tips is one way people try to correct poor service, but again, unless the crew knows why the tips were removed (for all they know you are just a non-tipper) it is not as affective as relating problems as they arrive.

Now, having said all of that, the OPPOSITE is true also. If you have someone give you service above your level of expectation, make sure you note that to them and or their management. That is how they get promotions. Tips are nice but a good word to their manager as to how they made your cruise special goes even further.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 PM

Sorry you do not like my comments. I visit all cruise lines rooms, can't I!!!! I will make comments as i please and I do not like that comment about the swimming in the ocean, which I do all the time!!! It's not only my TA who advise this, but all of my friends who go on Carnival all the time and say it's a fun ship. If you want to go on this cruise line, that's fine with me. We are not stopping people from going. I was just posting my view and get some crazy stupid reply about not swimming in the ocean!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 PM

I point about the sharks is just a point not that i would every want you or anyone hurt.
I was trying to show you just because you hear it does not always mean it is true.
I just found it odd that you would comment on something that you seemed to know nothing about and were just going by word of mouth thats all.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:55 PM

I understand your point, but we always pick a cruise by word of mouth. This is how we got onto Princess. Our TA recommended it for us type of people and all of our friends who go cruising also made the same recommendation. Lots of my friends and family cruise with Carnival and they enjoy it, but would not recommend it for us. So this is how we pick our cruise. We are going on Celebrity in October as it was recommended to us, so we giving it a try. No one and I mean no one has recommended trying Carnival.
Thanks for listening.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:38 PM

Hello Wooddon,

Since I started this thread, I decided to comment on your comments.

I WOULD RECOMMEND CARNIVAL TO YOU!!! I have sailed on Princess and found it nice but not so much fun. Fun on Carnival isn't being rip-roaring, obnoxious all the time. To me it means having the most fun YOU can have. And it doesn't mean at the expense of your neighbors. Carnival's 'reputation' stems from people who have never cruised Carnival.

I had one bad experience out of 18 and I think that's a pretty darn good record. Word of mouth only counts if you have experienced the very thing you are recommending or not. I have friends who sailed Celebrity and said it was expenses, nice AND boring. Everyone was asleep at 9:30 and that's early even for an old broad like me!

Sail with Carnival, you just might have fun and like it!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, elation, fantasy, fascination, funnel, imagination, inlet, jane, murrells, room, shorted, spillane, u107, u111, u115