Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, she magically appeared, apologized, and offered me a drink. Then she kept the drinks coming the rest of the cruise and even stood behind me massaging my shoulders and cheering me on during the slot tournament.
Was Mickey Spillane at the roulette table?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:53 AM

I similar to Wooddon, check out all the posts for each of the lines (how else, will I know what people think about them all and it is great way to pick up tid bits on the different lines from everyone else's experiences (be they good or bad). I have cruised, RCCL, Norwegian, Carnival and Princess - numerous times each line). They all have their pros and cons. What has not been mentioned so far is that Carnival as opposed to say Princess does have the "Fun Ship" and Kathie Lee (remember her) stereotype of being a "fun ship" and "party ship" attached to her. People have long memories. I think Carnival with all their newer ships want to become less of the party ship and attract all segments of the population. The problem though with Carnival is that because they have a lot of 3 and 4 night cruises out of Florida on the smaller ships, this does attract those younger party animals who are new to cruising because of the lower prices because of the shorter itineraries and, thus, we end up with passengers who are maybe out for a "good time" and not being overly respectful sometimes of other passengers. I am not immplying that all of the younger crowd is disrespectful but anyone can get that way once they have a few under the hood. Hope I am getting my point across in a non offending manner to all visiting the wonderful Cruise-Chat site. Yes, as Wooddon mentioned and I agree, we will not get this same "element" and I am not being derogatory at all on the likes of Princess and Celebrity (I have yet to cruise them but have them in my scope). Marylovestocruise - you really should have dealt with the issues you raised immediately upon the incidents on the ship. This works so much better. The room steward must be told by a supervisor what he is neglecting a passenger. If he is neglecting you, he may very well be doing it to others and that in turn leads to everyone leaving a Carnival ship with a bad taste in their mouth. Constructive criticism is part of the steward's training. Same thing true of the diningroom waiter. If we have an issue and there have been times (my husband being a litigator can always find something - believe you me - but I do not allow him - hey work is work and play is play I say). A gigantic issue we had on Princess when I entered my cabin at Xmas last year was that of a cabin reaked in cigarette or cigar smoke) and we immediately brought it to the attention of guest services and they took the whole day mind you with their escalation procedures but they did move us to a balcony cabin from an inside and they further compensated us after the cruise with a few freebies for our next cruise (thank you dear Princess) but they nicely took care of us on the ship at the time. And, that was a major issue. Minor issues like bad steward service - can be dealt with easily by the ship - they can assign another steward to you worse comes to worse. My thoughts. Sorry for the rambling.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Was Mickey Spillane at the roulette table?

No. I would know if Mickey was at the roulette table. I knew him and his wife Jane as they were neighbors of mine when I lived in Murrells Inlet on the south end in the 80's. He was the nicest man and drove a Ford pick up truck. I've had many interesting conversations with him, mostly about fishing. I drove to his house after Hugo to check on them and the house (what was left of it) was in shambles. They were not there and I never got to speak with my old friend again. He called me Red when he would see me.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, elation, fantasy, fascination, funnel, imagination, inlet, jane, murrells, room, shorted, spillane, u107, u111, u115