Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2004, 07:41 PM

I am a little skeptical about the Carnival cruiselines and would like some advise from anyone who has cruised with them. I have read more negative than positive. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 04-30-2004, 07:41 PM

I am a little skeptical about the Carnival cruiselines and would like some advise from anyone who has cruised with them. I have read more negative than positive. Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:38 AM

been on 4 carnival cruises, had a great time stop worrying and have a great vacation, you will find something to do and enjoy yourself everyday, and be disapointed when you pull in to debark and wish you had just one or two more days onboard. Fran
Old 05-02-2004, 02:30 PM

I was very skeptical about cruising on Carnival before I took my first Carnival cruise. I have been on 4 Carnival cruises at this point as well as 4 other cruise lines. If you go with an open mind and not worry about the rumors or the bad you have heard and look for what you like on the ship you will have a great time.

I have never had a bad cruise, I have found a few things I didn't like but they were so minor they could not overshadow the good things I have found on every cruise including on Carnival.
Old 05-02-2004, 03:29 PM

I am abit concerned about the ages on these cruise ships. My husband & I are in our early 50's, I really don't need to be on a boat with a bunch of swinging singles, you know teeny boppers & all....any suggestions????
Old 05-02-2004, 06:09 PM

not to worry ships carry guests of all ages and programs are all gear for all the diversed age groups, there is something for every age group I am 58 my children 28 thru 40 and my grandchildren 5 and 11 we all have cruised together and we all had things to do seperatly but always had our meals together at breakfast and Dinner lunch time everyone did thier own thing stop worrying and enjoy your cruise you will love it!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 11:53 AM

The Carnival Cruises are great for any ages. We are also in our 50's and each time we go we have a ball. You just go to things that are within your own age groups. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:36 PM

What were the "negatives" that you've read?
Personally for us, we have enjoyed our cruises on Carnival. You will see people of all ages on these ships. I really feel Carnival has changed it's image over the last 5 years or so as far as being known for the "party scene". Give Carnival a try...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

~gina~
Old 05-07-2004, 01:29 PM

Whoa Sharon!

What gave you the impression that Carnival ships are full of swinging singles and teeny boppers. The average age of a Carnival passenger is 48. Carnival also sails more seniors than any other cruise line. Carnival had a "bad rap" in the 70's when the line first started and got the name The Fun Ships. Today's Carnival is alltogether different. It is a cruise line that families of all ages can enjoy.

Joe Canino CTC, MCC
Hebron (CT) Travel
Old 05-07-2004, 03:47 PM

Sorry I have to be the one to give bad news, but I have sailed 11 times, so I know above average, average, and poor. ON 4/30 I returned from my first Carnival Cruise. It gets above average for the nightly show. Average for service. Poor for ship decore. And as far below poor as it goes for food. That includes the dining room and buffet (boy was that a sorry sight). I did end up ording PB&J from room service that was ok. I did not hear one person praise the food, and I saw many meals being returned and exchanged for something else.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruisin