Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 AM

Hi, I have been lurking for about a month and have thoroughly enjoyed reading the different threads. The useful information is abundant.

I have requested a crib for our 2.5 yo but wonder how much room that will take up in our room? We have a balcony guarantee. Any thoughts on this (besides putting the crib on the balcony, )? He could sleep on the sofa bed without a problem but we would need a bedrail and they only offer those for the top bunk. I am considering bringing my own bed rail. Thougths on this?

I have read that some folks ask the steward to put the beds together, is this something I should do before hand via phone? Can I also ask them to clear out the mini bar so I can keep some snacks and milk in there for the kiddos or is it better to bring a small cooler for that stuff? My steward is going to get a fat tip, trust me!

The only other thing that freaks me out is leaving the kids onboard for a port of call. We would love to do this for one day but I am petrified that we will be late and they will sail off with our children (on certain days, I may consider this a blessing! ). Am I a freak for worrying about this?

Many thanks,

krc
Sailing on 11/15 from San Diego!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:15 AM

Hi, I have been lurking for about a month and have thoroughly enjoyed reading the different threads. The useful information is abundant.

I have requested a crib for our 2.5 yo but wonder how much room that will take up in our room? We have a balcony guarantee. Any thoughts on this (besides putting the crib on the balcony, )? He could sleep on the sofa bed without a problem but we would need a bedrail and they only offer those for the top bunk. I am considering bringing my own bed rail. Thougths on this?

I have read that some folks ask the steward to put the beds together, is this something I should do before hand via phone? Can I also ask them to clear out the mini bar so I can keep some snacks and milk in there for the kiddos or is it better to bring a small cooler for that stuff? My steward is going to get a fat tip, trust me!

The only other thing that freaks me out is leaving the kids onboard for a port of call. We would love to do this for one day but I am petrified that we will be late and they will sail off with our children (on certain days, I may consider this a blessing! ). Am I a freak for worrying about this?

Many thanks,

krc
Sailing on 11/15 from San Diego!
Old 10-11-2006, 01:37 PM

Hey KRC

Can't answer the crib question. I would say that it will be put together or something like that. As for the guarantee, I like it. If you don't mind being at the front or back of the ship then it great. Don't worry about the kids that is why they have baby sitting. If you are concerned about getting back to the ship on time just leave for the ship 2hrs before sail and that should be plenty of time to get back. Then once you are around the ship you can do some shopping or walking around the warf.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:17 PM

Thank you!
Old 10-11-2006, 03:30 PM

The cribs they provide for the cabins are small - about the size of a port-a-crib, so your little one would probably be more comfortable on the sofa. Plus, I'm sure you would be able carry-on your own bed rail. This would also free up space in your room, as there's usually not a huge amount of space.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:39 PM

I am not sure what kind of cribs they have, but I would assume they are small portable cribs also. The cabin steward probably will fold it up during the day, and then make it back up at night when he does turn down service. I know with roll aways they are put up during the day to allow more space in the cabin. Some cabin stewards automatically push the bed's together for couples, some wait until you ask them. If your's isn't pushed together when you arrive then just ask your steward. He will accomodate any of your needs. Extra pillows, blankets, towels, etc. Just ask. Giving him/her a nice gratuity for their extra work is a nice gesture.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:51 PM

Thanks so much! I think bringing the bedrail is a good idea. You guys are great!

Closed Thread

Tags
arrangements, balcony, carnival, children, crib, cribs, cruise, cruises, kind, portable, princess, put, room, sleeping, stateroom, type